Employer: Tree Top
FOOD PACKAGING LINE SUPPORT MECHANIC:
Searching for a food packaging mechanic with experience supporting, maintaining and changing over PET bottling lines to include filler, capper, caser, de-palletizer and palletizer set up, as well as repair to hydraulic, pneumatic, and motor control conveyance systems and pumps. Maximize efficiency of equipment and support plant operations by solving problems and performing preventive maintenance to increase productivity, efficiency and quality, while reducing waste, in a safe and effective manner. Maintain equipment by using tools, techniques and knowledge in a timely manner. Understand basic electronic and electrical principles with the ability to troubleshoot and identify problems, then make repairs. Must have the desire to learn new procedures and methods, work neatly, communicate clearly and collectively both independently or as a team, in a fast-paced environment. Double seam and/or PET cup experience would be a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• One to two years' position related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, statistical correspondence, and memos in English.
• Ability to write simple correspondence in English
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, support technicians and other employees of TreeTop.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• GMP-training and understanding of standards helpful
• HAZCOM/HAZCAT training helpful
• SDS familiarization helpful
• Experience with filler, capper, caser, de-palletizer and palletizer set up preferred
• Computer – Basic knowledge and use. Must learn and use Operating System Programs as required for work order and preventive maintenance data entry
• Follow and understand equipment programs on the touch screen
• Ability to read and understand diagrams, schematics, equipment manuals and procedures
• Use Email
• Fill out shift reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is/or could be required to:
o Sit stand, walk, use hands to; finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; talk or hear; taste or smell; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
o Lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for working on equipment, distance vision for looking at overhead equipment, color vision for color coding (wire, steam lines, etc), peripheral vision to see forklift traffic and to view the process, depth perception for making repairs and working on ladders
• Ability to adjust focus for seeing overhead equipment and working on machinery
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is/or could be exposed to:
o Extreme heat, moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions, electrical shock, high precarious positions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, all weather conditions, vibrations, and loud noise
o The noise level in the work environment is typically loud and requires hearing protection
Include the following with other duties assigned.
The following are to be performed while adhering to Tree Top operational policies, safety rules, procedures and good manufacturing practices. It is the responsibility of every employee at Tree Top Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks.
• Maintain and monitor equipment
• Troubleshoot and identify root causes for mechanical breakdowns
• Repair equipment as required
• Anticipate job needs: gather tools, parts, work orders, instructions, cleaning materials, etc.
• Inspect and rebuild equipment to manufacturer specification using appropriate parts and tools
• Assist teammates as time allows
• Follow safety procedures
• Make recommendation when shutdown is necessary
• Perform repairs in a timely manner
• Monitor changes and improvements to ensure proper operation and efficiency
• Collect technical data to validate problems and solutions
• Ensure parts availability for special projects
• Perform routine and preventative maintenance
• Clean equipment as needed
• Lubricate equipment
• Respond to specific tasks and projects in a timely manner
• Inspect equipment for problems and possible improvements
• Adjust equipment
• Document findings during preventative maintenance
• Improve PM process through preparation and parts kitting in advance of task
o Receive instructions from supervisor
o Communicate with supervisors, managers and co-workers
o Walk line each day with outgoing and incoming maintenance personnel to communicate shift breakdowns, identify potential issues and communicate needed maintenance task continuation
o Complete shift reports daily
o Talk to technicians and co-workers regarding machine operating efficiencies
o Recommend improvements to supervisor
• Train new team members as required
• Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner
• Use Operating System Programs daily, as required
• Maintain pride in workmanship:
o Produce quality workmanship in a professional manner
o Maintain a positive attitude
o Set a positive example for co-workers
o Communicate courteously with co-workers, operators and management staff
o Provide a neat appearance: personal and plant
• Maintain a Clean and Safe Work Area:
o Follow LOTO (lock out/ tag out) procedures when necessary
o Remove all tools and equipment when finished
o Pick up debris
o Sweep work area
o Maintains area of responsibility to meet GMP standards
o Observe Confined Space Entry Procedures.
o Observe Hot Work Permit Procedures.
o Observe Emergence Evacuation Procedures
o Observe Hazardous Material Policies
The above job profile does not include all essential and nonessential duties of this job. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department to review and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. The employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job profiles are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, skills, efforts, working conditions or similar behaviors, attributes or requirements associated with a job. A job profile is not a comprehensive job description. It is intended for the sole purpose of acquainting a person who is unfamiliar with such position with a brief overview of the position's general direction and scope. This position profile is company confidential, is intended for internal use only and may not be copied or reproduced by anyone for any purpose without written permission from the Vice President of Human Resources
Tree Top is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Location: Selah, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.treetop.com/careers/job-search/
Base Pay: DOQ