Employer: ABB Power Protection LLC
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The role reports to the Service Manager. As a Service Technician, responsible to perform a variety of less complex, semi-technical field assignments that are defined in general terms and involve the installation, modification, test or repair of Company products and equipment. Coordinate work with other groups to ensure meeting commitments.
Please note: The location for this opportunity is Seattle, Washington; Des Moines, Iowa; Richmond, Virginia and Birmingham, Alabama.
- Perform basic fabrication, assembly, erection, maintenance and repair operations, and construct models, as required.
- Conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of equipment and procedures, and record data. Review data to check reasonableness, report results and maintain records.
- Troubleshoot equipment and apply own knowledge and experience to determine problems, such as types of repairs or modifications required.
- Often work non standard schedules at off-site locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions. May guide and assist less experienced technicians.
- Associate degree in engineering or related field and 1 to 3 years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of manufacturing, quality or product testing experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Requires ability to walk, climb, stand, carry materials, stoop, kneel, bend at waist.
- Must be able to climb a minimum 30-foot ladder.
- Maximum unassisted lift = 50 lbs. Average lift less than 20 lbs.
- Exposed to seasonal weather based on geographic region.
- Exposed to moving parts and electricity that require safety protocols.
- Exposure to varied travel conditions either driving or flying.
- The travel required for this position is up to 100%.
- Also meet the physical requirements of the job which include bending, lifting heavy equipment and working in confined spaces.
More about us:
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Location: Must live within 2-Hours of Quincy, WA
Application Method: Online: https://new.abb.com/jobs/details/HQ75425955_E23
Base Pay: DOQ