Employer: Haley Manufacturing
Install, maintain, and repair as necessary the automated fruit packing equipment.
This will involve both domestic and foreign travel.
- Organize the correct electrical circuits with the customers’ electrician prior to equipment arrival.
- Set up the associated electronics including communication wiring.
- Train the customer’s operator and maintenance personnel for proper equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Troubleshoot and repair problems on existing equipment.
- Power up the equipment, load necessary software, set power supply outputs, create timing position, and weight sections to correct specifications and function.
- Coordinate efforts with other workers involved with the project to insure success.
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibration data.
- Maintain the inventory of spare parts belonging to the customer.
- Keep all electronic testing equipment clean and in good working order (laptop, oscilloscope, dvm, analyzers, etc).
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance procedures.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts on the service vehicle, keeping in current and useable condition.
- Return defective components to the parts department with a completed return tag.
- Complete all paperwork related to the job and submit in a timely manner (service order forms, expense forms, time sheets, mileage reports, jobsite reports).
- Inform Service Manager if a customer ever calls you direct and you perform service or remote support.
- Keep company vehicle in correct and safe operational condition (repairs, maintenance, tires/brakes, cleanliness, etc.).
- Report any unsafe working conditions to the Service manager.
- Assist in selling parts, upgrades and equipment that are offered by Haley Manufacturing by reporting possible sales leads to your Supervisor/Manager.
- Repairing and Maintaining Electronic Equipment– Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing machines, devices, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of electrical or electronic (not mechanical)
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material– Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Getting Information – Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Interacting With Computers– Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Mechanical Mathematics
- Engineering and Technology
- English Language
- Computers and Electronics
- Repairing Operation Monitoring
- Critical Thinking
- Quality Control Analysis
- Equipment Maintenance
- Manual Dexterity
- Finger Dexterity
- Arm-Hand Steadiness
- Problem Sensitivity
- Near Vision
- Physically able to perform tasks as a service technician which involves standing for long periods of time, climbing stairs and lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Associate’s degree in Electronics Technology or related discipline with emphasis on electronics theory.
- Possess or ability to obtain Passport. (Mandatory)
- Clean driving record.
- Other degrees in combination with required experience
- Fruit and vegetable sorting or packing experience preferred
- Should have 2-5 years’ experience as electronics technician maintaining electro-mechanical equipment in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and practical application of modern electronics, including microprocessors, passive
- components, and integrated circuits, electronic equipment, computer hardware, and software concepts.
- Knowledge of basic test equipment and tools, and their uses.
- General knowledge of mathematics with ability to understand and calculate basic formulas. Field Service with territorial responsibility.
- Customer interaction and customer service abilities.
- Ability to use deductive reasoning and other choices in problem solving. Present a neat and clean appearance in representing our company. Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- No legal infractions that deny travel into Canada and other foreign countries. Computer literacy in the operation of various operating systems.
- Foreign and domestic (overnight) travel approximately 20%, rest of the travel will be local.
Job Type: Full-time
- Service Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electronics Technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.haleymfg.com/employement/service-technician/
Base Pay: DOQ