Employer: McCain Foods
Position Title: Electronic Technician
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Othello
Requisition ID: 3183
Advanced-level position within the Maintenance department working with other electronic techs on electrical and electronic systems. The Electronic Technician II will work with and assist others with the installation, repair, and troubleshooting of electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment. As competence is gained, increased accountability of work assignments and degree of difficulty follows. The long-term goal is to provide exposure to total department activities that include the use of electrical motors, control systems, and instruments. Assisting and working with others to troubleshoot and maintain machinery are the principle activities of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes and adheres to company safety work rules and regulations.
- Possesses good communication skills to report to the supervisor and with others including those involved in on-the-job training functions.
- Discusses layout, installation procedures and problems with Electrical Supervisor, Maintenance Manager, Engineering - Manager, and Vendor Technicians.
- Draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment using OEM documentation.
- Tests, troubleshoots, and replaces malfunctioning transformers, electrical motors, lighting fixtures and circuits, and faulty electrical/electronic components with use of schematics and operators to resolve issues.
- Replaces electric motor bearings and wires electric motors.
- Uses programmable controllers to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
- Performs programming on all RS platforms.
Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings following guidelines and requirements of the National Electric Code.
- Develops the habit and practice of documentation of work which may result in changes to parameters, circuits, components, configuration, or orientation of an electrical/electronic device for future reference by self and others.
- Serves as a team player assisting all other Maintenance and operators to carry out their duties.
- Owns proper tools for the job as specified by the company.
- Operates the forklift and scissor-lift as needed.
- Communicates problems or changes in department to supervisor and appropriate personnel.
- Attends and participates in all annual, departmental, and job specific required training and monthly informational meetings.
- Understands and adheres to the concepts and techniques of the quality process in order to ensure a quality operation.
- Keeps area clean and orderly in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Helps to build and promote a strong “Teamwork” environment in each individual workgroup, the Factory, and the Company.
- Participates in continuous improvement process. Must adhere to the McCain Code of Conduct.
- The employee may be required to successfully complete the orientation and training provided during the first ninety- (90) days of employment.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
- Responsibility to monitor work areas, watch for suspicious behavior and report any concerns regarding unidentified visitors and/or unauthorized personnel.
- Authority to question and take appropriate measures regarding the safety of themselves, other employees, products, and equipment.
- Responsibility of maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the food processing facility, especially where any raw or finished product is produced.
- Authority to report and/or eliminate hazards to the safety of the food that is produced in the facility.
- McCain Safety Policy/Accident Reporting
- Annual HACCP/GMP’s Training
- Annual Sexual Harassment Awareness Training
- Plant Emergency Evacuation Training/Emergency Response
- Ladder Safety
- Fall Protection/PPE’s
- Confined Space
- Hot Work
- Blood-borne Pathogens
- Key-Element Training
- Crisis Management
- MCE Training
- Other Training as Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of one year toward an Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs)
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions or diagram forms. Ability to recognize and troubleshoot problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid State Driver’s License if operating company vehicles.
- Valid McCain Foods Forklift Operator’s License.
- Must have supply of Lock Out Tag Out identification cards.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Mechanical Aptitude Preferred.
- Welding Skills.
- Hand Tools Experience
- Machine Shop Knowledge Helpful
- Basic Computer Skills (Word, Excel, CMMS, Rockwell Software)
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Knowledge of National Electric Code
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places using ladders and stairs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Mechanical (i.e. equipment, moving parts, conveyors, etc.)
- Hazardous chemicals such as chlorine for cleaning
- Fumes, odors, batter
- Wet or slippery surfaces
- Noise (ear protective devices required)
- Sharp tools (cutter blades)
- Concrete floors, metal catwalks, uneven footing (i.e. hoses)
- Stair steps/ladder
- Inside temperature: Extreme heat with changes
- Humidity: High (wet/humid)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
SUMMARY OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ELECTRONICTECHNICIAN
- Work positions (# hours, % of work shift, # times/shift):
- Sitting: 1-10%
- Standing: 50-70%
- Walking: 50-70% (Distances 10-500 ft.)
- Climbing stairs: Frequently (34-67%)
- Leaning forward: Frequently (34-67%)
- Trunk rotation/twisting: Occasionally (1-33%) to frequently (34-67%)
- Bending/stooping/crouching: Frequently (34-67%)
- Maximum weight: 3-100 lbs.
- Pushing: Up to 100 lbs. of force.
- Carrying: Regularly up to 50 lbs.
- Horizontal reaching: Occasionally (18 – 42 inches)
- Vertical reach height: Occasionally (24 inches below floor to 24 inches overhead)
- Equipment from floor: 1-15 feet
- Grasping/handling: Frequently (34-67%).
- Fine manipulation: Frequently (34-67%).
- Resistive tooluse: Gripping Frequently (34-67%).
- Dexterity: Fine to medium
- Visual acuity and alertness (i.e. for inspecting, maintenance, quality assurance, charts, forms, computer monitor, and graphs, as well as for safety due to moving belts/equipment, sharp, electrical hazards, and hot spots developing on boiler equipment, etc.)
- Speech/communication/hearing(requires ability to inform supervisor or operator of changes in electrical power, pressures, temperatures, problems, etc. requires ability to listen and follow any special instructions pertaining to safety, problems, etc.)
Touch. Must be able to use fingers to grasp objects, operation of tools and machinery.
- Physical agility/flexibility: Medium
- Able to perform all job safety requirements.
- Able to perform all company handling and sanitation standards.
- Average hours per work shift: 12 hours Time spent inside: 50-100%
- Availability of task rotation: Completion of inspection jobs as needed.
- Personal protective equipment furnished by company (i.e. hard hat, hearing protection, hair net, aprons, etc.)
The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required for the position. Flexibility and improvement of job skills are essential to all positions at McCain Foods USA, Inc.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic (Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran).
Location: Othello, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.mccain.com/job/Othello-Electronic-Technician-Wash/540175017/?feedId=300617&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=McCain_Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ