Refrigeration Boiler Maintenance Mechanic Class A Moses Lake FG:
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This job is responsible for maintenance and operation of all equipment, including air compressors, in the Boiler/Refrigeration system. The individual in this role must be capable of performing mechanical repairs in all areas of their responsibility and be fully capable of operating all Boiler/Refrigeration equipment and support systems.
- Ensures the operation of the Boiler/Refrigeration system is conducted efficiently and safely in cooperation with the maintenance teamleader, process teamleader, and packaging teamleader to achieve operational goals.
- Ensures the efficient operation of all equipment, including air compressors, in the Boiler/Refrigeration area by using preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, overhauling and repairing equipment to achieve operational goals.
- Ensures the accuracy of data reporting systems such as DMACS, refrigeration logs, boiler logs and cold storage warehouse recorders.
- Performs ARC, MIG, TIG, and Acetylene cutting and welding in a safe and correct manner when repairing and fabricating equipment.
- Ensures effective training of new Boiler/Refrigeration mechanics.
- Ensures that work orders are completed as assigned.
Performs assigned responsibilities during plant evacuation or other emergency situations, which includes the fire sprinkler system.
- Ensures attendance and participation in training activities appropriate to the position and incorporates acquired skills and knowledge.
- Ensures self-compliance with Company policies and procedures and Union Labor Agreement
- Ensures the interface with team members and other support groups is conducted in a participative management style consistent with operational goals.
Typical Education :
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 year college or trade program
- 3+ years related experience and/or training
- Desired candidate: Must have RETA (Refrigeration Engineers and Technicians Association) Certification and (CIRO) Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator for Level 1 Operator.
- Will consider: RETA Certification-(CARO) Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator, within one year of becoming qualified as a Boiler/Refrigeration Mechanic II in order to remain qualified as a Boiler/Refrigeration Mechanic II.
The individual in this role must establish and maintain open communications and productive work relationships with maintenance teamleaders, operators, attendants, laborers, mechanics, maintenance supervisors, the shift manager, and all area teamleaders.
The area of work includes both inside the facility and outside, depending on work requirements. Weekend and overtime work in this position is common and may be required to meet operational goals. This role requires the ability to work in extreme environments of hot and cold.
The individual in this role will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation of the Boiler/Refrigeration system and have the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates. It is imperative the Boiler/Refrigeration Mechanics conduct themselves in a manner that ensures alertness and constant awareness of the safe operation of equipment and its surroundings.
Job Requisition ID: 2418
Travel Required: None
Location(s): FG Plant - Moses Lake
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Moses Lake, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.simplot.com/job/Moses-Lake-Refrigeration-Boiler-Maintenance-Mechanic-Class-A-Moses-Lake-FG-WA-98837-9119/678383000/?feedId=306600&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=Simplot_Indeed&jobPipeline=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ