Do you love agriculture and helping farmers in times of need? Excel at providing mechanical/technical support with outstanding customer service? Are you a self-starter? Problem solver? Organized? Take pride in a job well done? Enjoy working with various technology equipment? Do our values of safety, integrity, teamwork and challenge resonate with you? If yes, come join us at Vantage-Northwest!
Vantage-Northwest is the local precision agriculture expert on the full suite of Trimble solutions, making precision technology work seamlessly across complex farming operations. Our team has an extensive skillset in all areas of precision agriculture and is equipped to bring our industry-level technical expertise, customer service and support capabilities to local farms.
Vantage-Northwest is the precision farming brand of Agri-Service. Agri-Service is honored to be one of the largest AGCO dealerships in North America. Agri-Service and its employees are dedicated to the success of agriculture in America. We are your friends, your family, your community and your support system. We continually strive to provide an unparalleled customer experience, investing in our people and our business to successfully serve the caretakers of the land--one farmer, one neighbor, one community at a time.
Come bring your talents and accomplish great things!
Territory: Benton, Franklin, Walla Walla Counties
Reports to: Precision Farming Manager
As an Ag Technology Specialist, you'll provide outstanding customer service through your interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors. The primary responsibilities of this position are maintaining, repairing, installing, and providing training and troubleshooting on multiple lines of farm technology equipment. This position has new responsibilities every day and requires someone who is organized to complete long-term projects while simultaneously solving day to day problems.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
• Acts as primary support contact for technical questions on Agriculture technology products.
• Replace, repair, maintain, troubleshoot and occasionally fabricate as necessary related to the operation of technology equipment.
• Provides after sale support on technical issues for support of external and internal customers on Trimble, Topcon, and AGCO Technology products.
• Provides employees technical assistance as needed.
• Opens, prepares and closes work orders in a timely manner. Coordinates work orders with the Service department as needed. Resolves work order discrepancies.
• Make required repairs and installations in established timelines.
• Trains and supports customers on equipment and reinstallations over the phone and in person.
• Completes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner to include warranty claims, software activations, and billable field service work and training activities.
• Solves any customer issues or disputes. Refers issues to appropriate management when needed.
• Uses service manuals and parts books effectively to address technical issues. Performs all required tasks in accordance with procedures.
• Maintains working relationships with fellow employees and product support representatives, to help broaden product knowledge.
• Writes complete, factual service reports for files and warranty purposes.
• Uses troubleshooting methods to repair and diagnose product failures and perform repairs.
• Maintains safe working conditions and ensures that employees follow proper procedures.
• Assists technicians in learning new skills.
• Travels in company provided vehicle as necessary to support products within the Western Idaho territory. Overnights are infrequent.
• Maintains a working knowledge of products, features, and capabilities of new products in the market.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Self-driven desire to find solutions for problems.
• Working knowledge of GPS and other Technology equipment, operation, and repair preferred.
• Knowledge of Agricultural equipment and operations preferred.
• Ability to prioritize the workload with customer service in mind.
• Proven organizational, and time management skills.
• Proven customer service skills over the phone and in person.
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others to include customers, vendors, employees and the public.
• Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision required.
• Ability to work overtime with minimal notice required, especially during Spring (mid-March through May) and Fall (September through October).
• Consistent attendance.
Education and Experience:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Experience working on Trimble, Topcon, and/or AGCO products preferred.
• Must be able to communicate in English (speak, read, comprehend, write).
• Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Keywords: Precision technology, GPS, Ag, farming, agriculture, technical expertise.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
Reasonable accommodation requests for persons with disability may be submitted by email or U.S. Mail. If you require reasonable accommodation during any part of the hiring process, please submit requests to email@example.com or mail to:
Attn: VP, Human Resources
300 Agri-Service Way
Kimberly, ID 83341
Contact Person: Bonnie Rasmussen
Location: Pasco, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: Dependent upon experience