Accounting Specialist - Richland, Washington
Columbia Energy and Environmental Services is an established woman-owned small business headquartered in Richland, WA, which offers full-service engineering, design, fabrication, instrumentation and controls, and technology development. Currently there is an opening for an Accounting Specialist. Veterans strongly encouraged to apply. Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Accounts Payable functions including but not limited to coding/processing invoices, respond to payment inquiries, prepares and performs check runs with appropriate documentation, reconciles monthly vendor statements, handle vendor inquiries, process year-end forms
- Verify purchasing procedures and proper management authorization are followed
- Accounts Receivable functions including but not limited to generating invoices, posting cash receipts, collections on outstanding invoices, sending customer statements, processing finance charges, maintaining client records.
- Process weekly employee expense reports in accordance to company policies and procedures while ensuring proper documentation requirements are met.
- Review and reconcile general ledgers and balance sheet accounts for accuracy
- Follow internal accounting procedures and policies to ensure financial security is maintained.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statement and investigate unusual variances.
- Preparation of bi-weekly payroll, including approval from managers, time card reconciliation and all other payroll related functions
- Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
- Process Human Resource Data information into payroll software
- Track Paid Time Off (PTO) to ensure it is being accrued and calculated correctly
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies
- Prepare and file quarterly payroll taxes
- Prepare and file monthly B&O taxes
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or equivalent related experience or combination of education and equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting and/or payroll processes.
- Technical knowledge of accounting regulations, policies and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thoroughly analyze and research information
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail/accuracy
- Multi-tasker who can work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team to meet competing deadlines
- Excellent customer relations, both internal and external
- Self-starter – willing to roll up sleeves and get the job done
- Experience with Microsoft NAV
- Experience with BambooHR
- General understanding of Government Contracting and GSA
- Experience with Prevailing Wages and Certified Payroll
- This position is performed in an office environment.
Columbia Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal and state law.
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://columbiaenergy.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=53
Base Pay: DOQ