Employer: Papé Kenworth
Entry Level Diesel Truck Technician - Portland, OR, USA
Job Category: Technician
Requisition Number: ENTRY05179
ENTRY LEVEL DIESEL TRUCK TECHNICIAN:
Technician with 1 to 3 years’ Truck, Heavy Equipment and/or Automotive shop experience preferred. Will accept an entry level technician with an Associate Degree or Certificate in Auto/Diesel Technology. Requires the ability to quickly troubleshoot, diagnose problems and make the necessary repairs in a timely and efficient manner.
Must be a self-starter, team player and be able to work without direct supervision. Must have own tools, a valid driver’s license, the ability to get commercial driver’s license, and the ability to do some heavy lifting.
Why work for Papé:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level
- Outstanding benefits including – 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Progressive Vacation Plans; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs
- Advancement – Papé is a dynamic, growth oriented organization with a focus’ on promoting from within.
Stability and reputation — Papé is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 100 locations, over 3,000 employees and 80 plus years of experience. Papé is known for their stability, their honesty and their integrity.
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot, diagnose problems and make the necessary repairs in a timely and efficient manner
- 1 to 3 years’ Truck, Heavy Equipment and/or Automotive shop experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver License
- Commercial Driver License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Location: Portland, OR
Application Method: Online: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PAP1001/JobBoard/7297d137-c573-4bf4-8ab4-09ad7dac6ec8/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=292a8171-8926-4c8d-8a09-bd600e9e38c6
Base Pay: DOQ