Employer: Pasco Machine
Title: Welding Fabricator – Press Brake Operator
Supervisor: Shop Lead
Under general direction of the Shop Lead the Welder / Fabricator must meet the demands of completing work orders in a timely manner by repairing, measuring, cutting (i.e. torch, shear and brake press, skinny-wheel), sanding, assembling, and welding of various metal materials.
- Ability to perform the following welding types with the respective metal types: TIG, Solid Core MIG, Flux Core MIG, Stick, and Carbon Arc. Metals: stainless steel, mild steel, bronze, aluminum, cast-iron.
- Use press brake and shear machines with safety first attitude, accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to prepare and mark material for precision bends, punches, or cuts.
- Must show aptitude for math, problem-solving, and able to work in a TEAM setting.
- Have strong working knowledge of a diversified machine shop setting to be able to work independently when needed.
- Heat material or workpieces to prepare for or complete assembly of parts.
- Read and interpret engineer drawings and blueprints to determine material requirements, measurements and task sequences for full completion of jobs.
Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, torch, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Dexterity to use various tools safely, may include the following but not limited to: manual hand tools, hand-powered tools, torch, welders, grinders, and various measuring devices.
- Set up face blocks, jigs, and fixtures.
Has ability to repair, cut, assemble, and weld per verbal directions.
- Verify conformance of workpieces to specifications, using various tools such as: squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Quality Assurance: Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Align parts or workpieces to ensure proper assembly.
- Move parts / lift materials into position, manually or with hoists, cranes, or with forklift.
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits by following blueprints and layout specifications.
- Straighten warped or bent parts, using sledges, hand torches, straightening presses.
- Work off site and capable of directing operational or production activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent at minimum
- Prefer graduate from an accredited technical school or community college trade program, and / or certification (AWS D1.1 Structural Welding).
- Prefer at least 5 years on-the-job experience in structural fabrication with use of stainless steel, mild steel, bronze, aluminum, cast-iron metals using the following types of welding: TIG, Solid Core MIG,
Flux Core MIG, Stick.
*Helpful but not required: Skilled at using manual horizontal and vertical lathe machines to assist in repairs and assembly of components.*
Valid Washington State Driver’s License with a clean driving record. Driving Abstract to be submitted with application for employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Extensive knowledge of various welding techniques, including TIG, Solid Core MIG, Flux Core MIG, Stick.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in various mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, division, fractions and decimal numeration.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate well with co-workers and customers.
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated, and TEAM player that can work well with coworkers and leads by example.
- Works well and proficient under pressure.
Manual dexterity, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, repetitive motions. Able to stand and bend for long periods of time.
We expect our employees to ensure compliance with all applicable safety practices and policies, including those established by OSHA/DOSH regulations. This includes but is not limited to actively identifying and correcting potential hazards that may affect employee and public safety, including those identified by co-workers. Leading by example to promote a positive culture of workplace safety through everyday action; emphasizing safe completion of work throughout all aspects of developing and carrying out work plans.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Welding: TIG, Solid Core MIG, Flux Core MIG, Stick: 5 years (Preferred)
Metal Fabrication, Read prints : 5 years (Preferred)
Typical start time: 7AM
Typical end time: 4AM
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's website: www.pascomachine.com
Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
Location: Pasco, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Welding%20&l=Washington%20State&advn=8735886422993412&vjk=c6a7ec80ab1737f9
Base Pay: $25 - $30 HR