Employer: Ellensburg School District
POSITION: ED Tech /Communication Specialist
LOCATION: Administration Office
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director of Student Services & Operations
This position provides complex educational technology and communication support for the Executive Director of Student Services and Director of Teaching & Learning to best serve Ellensburg School District staff and community. Performs a wide variety of tasks to assure the smooth, accurate and efficient operation of Student Services and Teaching & Learning Departments; assists in communication concerning school district matters, policies and procedures. Coordinate the production of District-wide publications and presentations; developing and distributing press releases; responding to inquiries from media, the public, parents and staff; compose and distribute a variety of communication and correspondence; This position requires discretion and independent judgment with matters of significance while carrying out all responsibilities.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Executive Director of Student Services / District Office Support:
• Assist the Executive Director of Student Services and Director of Teaching and Learning with organizational planning and development efforts to ensure a positive culture focused on student achievement and community involvement.
• Provides Leadership and Facilitates teams to map data flows and problem solves so work and information flow is efficient and effective in the operations of the school district.
• Knowledgeable about information databases to support connections between data systems
• Works collaboratively with the Technology department and third party data base systems
• Sets up and maintains security groups in a variety of applications including managing student and family access
• Ensures district compliance with all mandated state and federal student data reporting requirements
• Provides coordination and ensures secure transfer of student data with district, ESD105, state and federal agencies
• Provides support for applications that interface with the student information system(worktime system, library systems, bookkeeping systems, parent communication systems)
• Coordinates ongoing support to district personnel regarding the use of the student information system(skyward)
• Composes a variety of written materials (e.g. press releases and public service announcements, correspondence, articles, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, distributing and conveying information, highlighting events and providing written reference.
• Develops various Communication Plans for the purpose of defining District-wide communication strategies in support of District operations, core purpose, goals and dissemination of information.
• Executes the writing, research, interviewing, design, editing, production and distribution of a wide variety of district materials and publications utilizing composition and presentation media (e.g. calendars (full size and pocket), newsletters, annual reports press releases, and announcement etc.) for the purpose of promoting achievements and conveying information regarding school and/or district activities.
• Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
• Attends meetings, workshops and trainings for the purpose of maintaining skills, recording events, receiving and conveying information on new and improved procedures, as well as complying with district, state and federal requirements.
• Perform record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, faxing, purchase orders, etc.) for the purpose of supporting administrative staff and maintaining appropriate records.
• Disseminate information on a variety of topics and administrative procedures and provide timely and effective information to constituents.
• Research a wide variety of topics (e.g. current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) for providing information for addressing a variety of administrative requirements.
• Respond to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external parties for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication and/or recommendations among parties and/or providing direction.
• Other duties as assigned
Communications & Community Outreach:
•Collaborate with other personnel (e.g. administrative and school personnel, student groups, parent groups, community organizations, etc.) for the purpose of preparing and providing a wide variety of information services to keep parents, students, staff, and the public informed of District operations and goals.
• Assist with development of district community events and programs.
• BA Degree in Business Administration, Public Relations and/or Information Management preferred. A combination of college course work, technical training and related work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Successful business administration experience.
• Ability to think mathematically and manipulate data sets as needed for data aggregation and analysis from a variety of data sources.
• Computer literacy/ability including office software proficiency, educational technology integration, desktop publishing, financial, Google Suite and data base skills.
• Excellent skills in oral and written communication, including the ability to present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups, including the public.
• Initiative and capability to assume responsibility with minimal supervision and exercise the highest level of confidentiality.
• Tolerance to work-related stress, ability to maintain composure under difficult circumstances.
• Effective organizational skills to facilitate organization and prioritization of workload to meet numerous and diverse deadlines.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective public relations with the office, district, community, state, and federal
• Ability to acknowledge and maintain the high standards and expectations associated with the Executive Director of Student Services and Director of Teaching and Learning Office and to consistently produce high quality work.
• Willingness to work flexible hours beyond the normal workday/ workweek when required.
EXPECTATIONS FOR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT:
• Employment is contingent upon passing a Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau Investigation fingerprint screening examination and background check.
• Maintain consistent presence at assigned worksite and regular work hours.
• Comply with all District policies and operational procedures.
• Must maintain punctuality, initiative and regular attendance.
• Must maintain professional, positive and collegial relationships
• Attend job specific trainings as required.
• Daily work performed in a general office setting, some travel to support the work of others at various sites throughout the district. Frequent training off-site for professional development classes. Visual and mental concentration on details, dexterity and precision required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• The current opening will be a classified, non-represented, ED Tech /Communication Specialist position for a total of 32-40 hours per week, year-round, with holidays, vacation, sick leave, and salary in accordance with the Ellensburg School District Pro-Tech Terms and Benefits Agreement.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Ellensburg School District administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The statement contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, or equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Primary Location: District Office
Salary Range: $49,423 - $63,090 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
Location: Ellensburg, WA
Application Method: Online: https://ellensburg.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=4506
Base Pay: $49,423 - $63,090