Employer: Astria Regional Medical
Plant Engineer HVAC Tech PRN - Variable
Astria Regional Medical Center
Per Diem, Variable
Req # 4676
Under the guidance of the Director of Facility Support Services, the Plant Engineer HVAC Tech repairs, maintains, and operates the physical plant and all of it's attendant equipment to ensure continuity of facility operation and maintenance of a safe and comfortable environment for patients, visitors, and staff. The job of HVAC Technician was established for the purpose/s of providing skilled Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading HVAC and building Managment controls and equipment in accordance with industry best practices; ensuring that all work is done according to design specifications, state and local building codes, and applicable regulations.
1. Continuously performs preventive maintenance on building, equipment, and systems.
2. Continuously repairs building, equipment, and systems. Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in HVAC systems and energy management control systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs ensuring responsive and corrective action for urgent building
operation items, indoor air quality, thermal comfort parameters.
3. Frequently inspects buildings, equipment, and safety systems; notes and corrects deficiencies.
4. Occasionally responds to emergencies involving utility failures, building, Life Safety, and Security.
5. Occasionally makes records of work performed, maintain shift log, and analyze equipment performance.
6. Frequenlty operates Computerized Building Management System and other system controls.
7. Occasionally makes operational adjustments to utility, safety, and structural systems.
8. Performs other related work as required.
9. Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s Policies, Confidentiality, Privacy, and Corporate Compliance programs including Federal and State Laws.
10. Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s mission to deliver high quality and compassionate health care services to our patients, physicians and communities we serve, focusing on customer service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- High degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Working knowledge of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning systems (HVAC).
- Working knowledge of Boiler and Steam system.
- General electrical skills.
- General plumbing skills.
- Working knowledge of control systems.
- Must read and write English and be able to perform basic math.
- Requires graduation from or completion of vocational or trade school in an acceptable craft or mechanical field.
- EPA certification-Freon Capture and Recovery.
- HVAC Technician Certification.
Three years of maintenance experience including:
- Electrical-Mechanical maintenance, boiler and steam room system operation, HVAC, and large facility plumbing maintenance.
- Approximately 9 months are required to become proficient in the position.
Typical planning responsibilities include: Pre-planning the execution of work orders to cause minimal disruption to patient and staff routine and coordinating work with outside contractors or suppliers to make the most efficient use of time and materials.
Typical decisions include: Prioritizing the workload for maximum patient and staff benefit, determining optimum operating time for certain pieces of plant equipment and deciding at what point a problem situation requires direction from higher authority.
Regular contact with material and equipment suppliers, contractors, and contract service representatives.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/sunnyside/?source=indeed#/job/2533?source=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ