Employer: Lamb Weston
Electrician Maintenance Trainee
Connell, WA (Connell Plant)
Job Description Summary:
Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, electrical and electronic components and industrial machinery and equipment by performing the following duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as conveyors, programmable controls, and working with high and low voltages.
· Replace electric motor bearing and rewires motors.
· Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers. General maintenance knowledge and ability to work in any area including helping a mechanic or acting as the mechanic if needed or as otherwise assigned by a supervisor.
· Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
· May be required to work any or all days of the week or overtime in accordance with production and maintenance schedules.
· Demonstrated ability to read and write English, understanding prints, sketches, diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and operating instructions.
· Communicate verbally with supervisory personnel as authorized.
· Train and direct other employees.
· Be willing to work in other areas of plant assigned when required.
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Two-year or technical degree in related field or equivalent experience required
· Must have a basic knowledge of electricity, general maintenance skills and ability through supervision in plant training, self-study, or approved formal training programs in the following areas: basic electricity, electronic controls, and general plant maintenance.
· Must have basic mechanical skills and mechanical aptitude
· Must be detail-orientated and have proven troubleshooting skills and abilities
· Must be able to effectively communicate in English including reading, writing, using prints, diagrams, operating instructions, and technical manuals.
· Must be able to work any shifts (day, swing, graveyard, and/or rotating) and any day of the week, including weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required by the production and maintenance schedules.
· Ability to work in a safe manner and apply safety policies and procedures to work tasks.
· Be able to perform tasks safely at while using various tools and while working on a variety of equipment.
· Ability to maintain a neat and orderly work environment and function effectively in a team.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel and crawl.
· Must be able to lift, push and pull heavy items.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion and up to 30 pounds regularly.
Location: Connell, WA
Application Method: Online: https://lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Lamb_External/job/Connell-WA-Connell-Plant/Electrician-Maintenance-Trainee_Req-003499-1?src=indeed
Base Pay: DOQ