Maintenance Technician - Boardman, OR
$20.75 - $43.00 an hour
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
What you will do:
The Maintenance Technician/Electrician will troubleshoot and repair dairy processing plant equipment, packaging equipment, and supporting utility systems and equipment.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment. Complies with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and set up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, Packaging Mechanical, Refrigeration, PLC/Process Controls, Dairy Systems Mechanic, Electrical, Welding/Fabrication, and General Maintenance.
- Reads and interprets drawings, equipment manuals, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments. Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
- Communicate effectively.
- Act as a team player and be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company.
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision
Skills you’ll need:
- High school diploma or GED and 1 to 3 years related experience.
- Associate's degree or trade school certification preferred.
- LME Preferred
- Five years of demonstrated ability to trouble shoot and repair packaging equipment and general manufacturing plant equipment is preferred.
- General plant mechanical maintenance required.
- Allen Bradley PLC programming, Allen Bradley Panel View, Devicenet, Controlnet, and strong electrical and instrumental background.
- One of the following skills would be considered a plus: Sanitary, Welding/Fabrication, PLCs/Computers, Dairy Plant Systems experience, Special Process Systems Instrumentation, Ammonia Refrigeration (RETA Certification) and/or Utilities experience.
- Must be able to pass physical requirements including a pre-work physical
- Must be able to work a varied shift including swing or graveyard shift and weekend or holidays
- Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
- We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
- Fulltime Non-union position. Pay range of $20.75-43.00 per hour based on demonstrated skills.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Location: Boardman, OR
Application Method: Online: https://cho.tbe.taleo.net/cho01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=TILLAMOOKCREAMERY&cws=38&rid=2265&source=Indeed.com
Base Pay: $20.75 - $43 HR