Service Technician - Boise, Idaho
Job Category: Service & Energy Installation
Req. ID: 68407
Job Type: Full-time
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
BUILD THE FUTURE:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to deliver a revolutionary and exceptional experience for Tesla customers each day. With EXCELLENCE being the passing grade, your ability to produce results and develop innovate ideas to drive efficiency will come early and often. The development of technical skills will be achieved with a combination of training programs and on the job training, so learning is necessary. Having fun, collaborating with teammates and changing the world is the daily activity.
- Support more senior techs in their work and will partner with S3 tech or higher
- Execute basic work on a car and some non HV related work without supervision
o Tire changes
o Wheel Swaps
o Fluid replenishments
o Door handles
o Wiper blade replacements
o Valet work
o Annual Service
o 4 Wheel alignment
o Drive Unit Replacements
o Basic Diagnostics
o Body Adjustments
o AC work
o Windshield replacement
- Work with a collaborative attitude and team spirit
- Self-manage technical expertise development with support from senior techs and management
- Follow all Tesla specified Repair Guidelines to the accepted Quality levels
- Support other Service centers on an as needed basis
- Develop and maintain own IDP (Individual Development Plan)
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Perform equipment inspections and calibrations
- Perform Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI) of new cars
- Maintain records of time, expenses and materials
- Clean and Detail Vehicles if needed
• Demonstrates the right aptitude and learnability to pick up new tasks
• Demonstrates a safety-first attitude
• Motivated to work in a High paced, dynamic environment.
• Motivated by the Tesla mission
• Keen to adopt new repair methods with little to no hesitations
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail.
• Willingness to learn new and innovative automotive technologies.
• Perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting.
• Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
• Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
1.> High School Diploma, Associate Degree or Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree preferred (not required) Or
2.> Work experience in a related technology space (Aeronautics, Engines, Electrical, ships etc.) And
3.> Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to change
4.> Basic command of the English Language
5.> Basic computer use expertise (Excel, Web Browsers, Word)
6.> Must have a valid driver’s license
7.> Must be at least 18 years of age
Location: Boise, ID
Application Method: Online: https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/service-technician-boiseidaho-68407?source=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ