Residential Field Service Technician
Service & Energy InstallationID71016Job TypeFull-time
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
BUILD THE FUTURE
The Field Service Technician will report to the General Manager and provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance services to Tesla’s energy products including: solar PV systems, batteries, and other energy products. The ideal candidate has electrical, installation and servicing experience of residential solar PV systems.
• Perform required preventive maintenance activities oninverters to maintain warranty coverage
• Respond to corrective maintenance cases on solar PVsystems, energy storage systems, and updating online case logsaccurately
• Work safely and in accordance with Tesla and industrystandard safety requirements
• Report writing, where required, to comply withdeliverables in O&M contracts
• Work closely with members of the Operations EngineeringSystems Reliability team to respond to open case directions and providedata where requested
• Prioritize conflicting work requests andescalations
• Respond to customers’ concerns with the performance orfunctionality of their system
• Ensure the vehicle, tooling, electronics, software, andcompany property issued are accounted for and taken care of at all times
• Minimum one year experience installing, maintaining,and troubleshooting solar PV systems
• Valid Journeyman Electrician card preferred to performelectrical work in the states where work will be performed by thecandidate
• Trades experience in electrical is preferred
• Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to solar PVinstallations
• Knowledge of NFPA 70E practices
• Proficiency in installing inverters and able to workwith various ground and roof mount racking systems
• Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environmentwith aggressive timelines
• Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun,below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
• Proficient working with spreadsheets, word processing,and computer-based applications (e.g. time tracking, case management,etc.)
• Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders andstairs, lift heavy objects and work on your feet for long periods oftime
• Bending, stooping, crawling, in confined spaces,working in limited illumination areas, working in dusty conditions arerequired
• Ability to work independently and manage your own schedule
• Comfortable making decisions independently and handlingemergency situations with a calm and directed manner
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills(both written and verbal); particularly in a customer-facingenvironment
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Ability to work well with others in a collaborativeteam environment
• Regular, reliable and predictable attendancerequired
• Ability to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Learn More About Tesla:
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Location: Boise, ID
Application Method: Online: https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/residential-fieldservicetechnician-71016?source=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ