Employer: Cornish College of the Arts
IT Support Lead
Cornish College of the Arts
Seattle, WA 98121
From $50,000 a year
Cornish College of the Arts is looking for an IT Support Lead to join their dynamic team supporting the College's faculty, staff and student technology needs. This position assists the Director of Information Technology with maintaining, operating, and supporting the College's computer systems and networks.
The mission of Cornish is to provide students aspiring to become practicing artists with an educational program of the highest possible quality, in an environment that nurtures creativity and intellectual curiosity, while preparing them to contribute to society as artists, citizens, and innovators. Cornish realizes this mission by offering baccalaureate studies in the performing and visual arts and by serving as a focal point in the community for public presentation, artistic criticism, participation and discussion of the arts.
If you are looking for a culture that promotes and supports creative engagement, consider Cornish. In addition to a great culture, Cornish offers generous paid medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, paid time-off and holidays.
Supervises IT Coordinators, Student Workers.
Manages helpdesk, included but not limited to:
- primary contact for helpdesk questions
- analyzing and troubleshooting computer problems
- coordinating computer maintenance
- assigning tickets to fellow IT staff as necessary
- providing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level support to faculty, staff and students
- user account provisioning and deprovisioning - assist with creating and suspending user accounts during the onboarding and offboarding process.
- finding areas for improvement and increasing effectiveness of the helpdesk
- Sets up AV/Computer presentations as needed for staff, faculty, and students, which can include video conference streaming.
- Provides network, application, and system administration support over multiple campuses; troubleshoots and resolves problems, etc.
- Assists in the acquisition, inventory, and installation of all equipment and computer supplies.
- Assists in maintaining and troubleshooting IP telecommunication and voicemail system.
Supervises work study students including:
- hiring and scheduling work study students
- maintaining work study documentation and budget
- assigning daily tasks
- Develops (technical) documentation for internal procedures.
- Creates, maintains, and rolls-out IT policies.
- Initiates cross-departmental communication concerning current and future technology use, encourages exploration of technology options.
Assists the Director of IT in budget management including:
- developing and managing of I.T. department budget basic forecasting of all future computer systems/equipment tracking purchases and payments
- Assists the Director of IT in managing IT vendors and purchasing which includes determining scope procurement and contract negotiation.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- As needed this position may be scheduled for on-call duties.
- Associate’s degree plus two years related experience or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience of both PC and Apple Hardware/Software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Google Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Sheets, Docs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
- Must pass background check
- Valid Driver's License and safe driving record
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse campus population
- Local area candidates authorized to work in the US
- Bachelor’s degree
- Windows 2012/2016 Server experience
- Experience with Mitel IP Phones
- Experience working with the Google Admin console
- Experience in an academic, not-for-profit, or arts setting
Please submit the following materials to Careers at Cornish.edu:
- Cover Letter
- Cornish Employment Application Form
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cornish commits to demonstrating respect for individual expression and integrity; to promoting the equality of opportunity and rights of all persons within the community and to actively encouraging and maintaining the representation and inclusion of diverse cultures and backgrounds within the student body, faculty, staff and curricula.
We believe that diversity refers to a number of human qualities and characteristics. National origin, race, gender, age, socioeconomic background, religion, sexual orientation and disabilities are characteristics that combine in unique ways, forming the multiple identities we all hold. Those diverse characteristics contribute positively to the environment of Cornish and to an education that accurately reflects and contributes to the complex interplay of art, culture and society.
We hold ourselves responsible to fulfill the mission of Cornish by preparing students “to contribute to society as artists, citizens, and innovators,” and believe that the mission is best served by actively cultivating a positive environment in which to explore and express the diverse perspectives of a pluralistic society.
Cornish College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer intent on enriching the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Our goal is to create an intercultural learning environment comprised of people with varied experiences and perspectives. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups for all open positions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Cornish College of the Arts is committed to keeping our faculty, staff and students safe. We have established policies and protocols. Details can be found on our website: https://www.cornish.edu/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-information-resources/
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.cornish.edu/job/it-support-lead/
Base Pay: $50,000