Employer: Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists
IT Desktop Support Technician - job post
Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists
The Desktop Support Technician is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the Desktop Support Technician is to provide second line support for all staff. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. The Desktop Support Technician will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, phone, in person and self-service.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming questions and issues related to the organization's systems and software.
- Prioritize and resolve EHR and Help Desk related issues as reported via IT/IS ticketing system or by phone.
- Work with other members of the IT team to provide sufficient information to diagnose and resolve issues that are not easily resolved.
- Be available to occasionally help staff and providers after hours with issues related to NWOS hardware and software.
- Quickly address user issues, and follow up to ensure that issues are resolved.
- Document all IT related internal procedures.
- Lead IT training for all new NWOS employees from basic computer tasks, to more intricate duties that are relevant to their positions.
- Maintain inventory of hardware, software, and software licenses.
Facility hardware maintenance and management to include but not limited to:
- Dismantling, moving, and building employee workstations/cubicles ensuring that all hardware and systems run after the desk/office cubicle has been built.
- Sirius Radio for all offices.
- Install, test, configure, and update new workstations, peripherals, and other hardware/equipment.
- Basic Windows related networking knowledge is required to troubleshoot and maintain our current network infrastructure and hardware. Hardware will include phones, wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches and print servers.
- Provide support on medical office hardware including Ultrasound, X-ray and EKG hardware/software.
- Manage and maintain printers/copiers at all sites using vendor software to order consumables and schedule maintenance for hardware.
- Create and identify blueprints of sites using Microsoft Visio.
- Use basic understanding of HTML to manage and maintain internal employee website.
End User Management:
- Active Directory
- Desktop Authority
- Group Policy Management
Hardware/Endpoint Security Management:
- McAfee EPO
- Microsoft Bit-locker
- TrendMicro encryption
- Microsoft Exchange
- PACs Application Management:
- Any other 3rd part PACs
Medstrat PACs administrator:
- Manage users, import/export images and studies, basic user training and advanced surgical template training.
- Cisco telephone and voicemail management.
- Verba Jabber/Call recording management.
- OS-Ticketing system administration.
Athena user, hardware, and patient portal management:
- Duties include, but not limited to providing patients with technical assistance, functionality issues and account creation.
- Must follow full sterile procedures to provide IT support in a live surgical environment.
- Maintains strict confidentiality; adheres all HIPAA regulations and completes required staff training.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of current Microsoft Operating Systems and non-Microsoft operating systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10; Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, and Linux.
- Basic knowledge of IOS, Android and Windows mobile devices.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate a good phone presence and ability to resolve support issues over the phone.
- Must be able to complete tasks with little or no supervision.
- Some local travel is required. Must have access to reliable transportation.
Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists offers competitive compensation, great health benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, continuing education and many other supplemental benefits.
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.nworthopaedicspecialists.com/careers/job-openings/it-desktop-support-technician/
Base Pay: DOQ