Employer: Costco Wholesale
Service Desk TSR
Location: Issaquah (Seattle), WA
Order Number: 4106~
# of openings: 2
This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
The 24/7/365 Costco IT Service Desk has built a reputation for excellent end-user technical support. As a member of the team, you will be in direct contact with Costco business operations on a daily basis with the primary goal of helping them leverage technical services, programs, and features provided by IT designed to help grow the company.
As a Service Desk Technical Support Representative, you will work directly with Costco employees, partners, and vendors in the US and Canada in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving IT system issues where resolution is key to keeping our business operating as efficiently as possible. Examples of issues include: system access errors, hardware failures, application issues, equipment concerns, and associated requests for information.
We are looking for critical thinkers that are driven toward efficiency, have a positive attitude, and thrive on solving problems to help us raise the level of technical support provided to our business. If you have the skills we are looking for, we would encourage you to apply!
*Pay based on experience.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Evaluates, troubleshoots and solves end users’ IT system issues via thorough first-level IT technical support.
- Provides detailed documentation of system issues, troubleshooting steps and associated pertinent information in a ticketing/tracking system.
- Leverages a wide variety of available tools and resources in an effort to resolve system issues.
- Meets or exceeds efficiency expectations for availability, productivity, quality, and service.
- Attends ongoing training to strengthen ability to support new and existing hardware and software applications.
- Passion for and genuine interest in IT.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting skills, and customer service skills.
- Positive, mature, and professional attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in high-stress situations and within time constraints.
- Outstanding work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to work independently.
- Intermediate to strong typing skills. Interviewed candidates must successfully pass a typing test.
- Open availability to work in a 24x7x365 environment as required.
- Previous Service Desk experience and/or IT-related college degree(s) or certification(s).
- Previous Costco business operations experience.
- Experience using a ticketing/tracking system.
- Knowledge of and experience using Google Applications, AS400, scripting, etc.
Location: Issaquah, WA
Application Method: Online: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=COSTCO&cws=41&rid=4106&source=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ