Employer: Ziply Fiber
Full time | Ziply Fiber | United States
Union: CWA 7670
There’s a new fiber internet provider in the Pacific Northwest. We’re Ziply Fiber, and we’re building the most advanced fiber network with a refreshingly great customer experience for all that people will ever do in the online world. Join us today as a Network Technician.
- Diagnose and repair faults in digital outside plant equipment.
- Repair, test, run jumpers and verify connections on Main Distribution Frame (MDF).
- Install, maintain, update and document special circuits and facilities.
- Install, maintain, and repair Voice, Data, ISDN Circuits, XDSL, VOIP and Data Networking.
- Become familiar with/learn the operation of equipment and technologies (existing & new).
- Work with CO technicians to test and resolve customer problems, provide information to complete jobs, work orders and service orders, and coordinate with assignments as needed.
- Process repair and return of electronic circuit cards / equipment.
- Interact with internal / external customers in a professional manner to coordinate and disseminate information to complete job assignments and attain service objectives.
- Support and actively participate in promotion of company products and services.
- Building security and housekeeping.
- Aid and assist other departments and contractors as required.
- Perform all other duties/assignments as required by supervisor.
- Wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established safety practices and procedures.
- Maintain and repair Battery and Power plant as it relates the a telephone Central Office
- Trouble isolate network configurations
- Trouble isolate network equipment (ATM/Frame Relay/Metro E/SONET)
- Equipment vendor knowledge (Cisco/Adtran/Actelis/Nortel/Fujitsu)
- Track trouble reports
- Understanding of xDSL technologies
- Knowledge of IP protocols (BGP/MPLS/VPN)
- Hardware trouble isolation and referral for vendor support
- Assist Engineering in design of current and future data networks/monitoring/testing platforms.
- Assist with implementation of new products
- Understanding of DS0, T1, DS3, SONET technologies.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in data environment.
- Graduate from an accredited two-year technical school with courses in Math, Basic Electronics, networking, and telecommunications or equivalent training.
- Experience with Central Office electronic equipment maintenance and testing: DSLAMs, Digital Loop Carriers, Fiber Muxes, etc. Maintaining NORTEL DMS 10 remotes - RCS/Sonet RSC, OPMs, DMS1 Urban, UMC1000, Reltec Discs, radio knowledge is desired. Installation, testing and turn-up of special circuits: T1/DS1, T3/DS3, 2/4-wire circuits, 56k and Metro- Ethernet. Including experience repairing T1 span line problems.
- Proficient with test equipment and quality standard installation practices.
- Applicant must have extensive knowledge of and practical experience in the use of ATM, Frame Relay, DSL technologies, and their related network designs.
- Applicant should have experience in the provisioning and support of Voice related services such as Voice Mail.
- Must have knowledge of T-Berd 209, 224, or 310 test equipment, be able to use Optical power meter and have knowledge of trouble shooting techniques for DS0,DS1, and DS3.
- Should have a working knowledge of DMS10 switch functions and how to interface the switch with regard to interpreting switch logs, testing customer lines, and identifying switch troubles.
- Must have knowledge of broadband equipment including but not limited to Nortel OC12 and OC48, Fujitsu FLM150, FLM600, Flashwave 4100, Flashwave 4500, and how to interface with the equipment.
- Should have a working knowledge of Reltec Discs, UMC100, and DMS1 Urban remote switches with regard to maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Should have a working knowledge and understanding of Central Office power and grounding schemes.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time and work in a team environment.
- Must be available for after-hours call-out/weekend work and emergency situations as needed.
- Must possess good communication skills including tact & courtesy while under pressure or in sensitive situation when talking with customers regarding trouble shooting, and or discussing Ziply product offerings with the intent of generating additional revenue.
- Must project a professional image in order to represent Ziply in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong PC and IP troubleshooting skills and knowledge of IP protocol with ability to program, troubleshoot and/or perform system diagnostics on complex communication systems.
- Must have a valid State Driver's License.
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency behaviors.
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency spread spectrum technologies.
- Knowledge of Wireless network trouble diagnostics.
- Certified Wireless Technology Specialist (CWTS) preferred
- Experience working with multiplexers, DSX / VF Jack fields, DS1, DS3 and Sonet technologies preferred.
- Scripting/Programming skills are a plus.
- Must be able to climb and work aloft from a ladder.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces as well as in isolated areas.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be physically fit to perform job duties and able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme conditions including inclement weather.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods on a regular basis; bending and stooping will be required occasionally.
Everyone deserves the best internet possible, and that’s the refreshingly great experience we’re creating at Ziply Fiber. We’re bringing fiber to more than one million homes and businesses across the broader Northwest. By pairing brilliantly fast internet with customer choice and control, we’re making it simple and easy for you to connect to the things that matter most to you. Ziply Fiber is based in Kirkland, Washington, providing communities across Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana with fiber internet in addition to streaming TV, privacy products, and phone service as well.
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. Ziply Fiber requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Location: Coeur D Alene, ID
Application Method: Online: https://get.ziplyfiber.com/careers
Base Pay: DOQ