Employer: Ziply Fiber
Helpdesk Specialist I
Full time | Ziply Fiber | United States
Everyone deserves the best internet possible, and that’s the refreshingly great experience we’re creating at Ziply Fiber. We’re bringing fiber to more than one million homes and businesses across the broader Northwest. By pairing brilliantly fast internet with customer choice and control, we’re making it simple and easy for you to connect to the things that matter most to you. Ziply Fiber is based in Kirkland, Washington, providing communities across Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana with fiber internet in addition to streaming TV, privacy products, and phone service as well.
The Helpdesk Specialist will be responsible for assisting in setup, maintenance & support of all end user computers, phones & peripherals. This position will provide responsive and efficient end user support on a variety of IT related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed below are a range of duties performed by the employee and not intended to reflect all duties performed.
- Provide remote and onsite troubleshooting to end users.
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot end user hardware, software, printers & networking equipment.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure of incidents & requests.
- Coordinate incident resolution with internal support teams as needed.
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
- Maintain integrity of internal IT systems.
- Assist in the development of end user training documentation to support a self-service approach.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of IT procedures, products, and services.
- Suggest process improvements to the IT leadership team.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support in a weekly team rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of desktop support experience in a fast-paced environment of 500+ client computers.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory.
- Experience with process improvement preferred.
- Experience developing training documentation preferred.
- Experience supporting remote users preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Windows 10 desktop operating system.
- Familiarity with ITIL approach to incident management.
- Ability to work on-call and flexible hours as needed.
- Ability and a desire to stay knowledgeable in new and changing technology.
- Self-motivated to identify issues and develop appropriate resolution
- Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment and reasoning skills to a variety of situations
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with other personnel to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work within critical deadlines.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and schedules.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The work is primarily a modern office setting.
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. Ziply Fiber will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability or any other legally protected status.
Ziply Fiber requires a pre-employment background check as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber may require a pre-employment drug screening.
Ziply Fiber is a drug free workplace.
Location: Everett, WA
Application Method: Online: https://get.ziplyfiber.com/careers
Base Pay: DOQ