Employer: Dept. of Labor & Industries
L&I Program Specialist 2, Kennewick
Salary: $3,294.00 - $4,286.00 Monthly
Location: Benton County – Kennewick, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Job Number: 2020-06198
Closing: 9/24/2020 12:00 AM Pacific
Important Note: Pursuant to the Governor’s Directive, 20-08, this position will be subject to one furlough day per week through July 25, 2020, and one day per month beginning August 1, 2020, through November 30, 2020.
Our Mission: Keep Washington Safe and Working! Our Values: Customer Focus, One L&I, Respect, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Learning and Growth, Reliability.
Washington is America's Top State according to U.S. News (2019) and we provide one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. Here at the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I), we believe that your voice matters. We value our employees and offer flexible schedules that respect your work/life balance. In addition, L&I is a diverse state agency dedicated to the safety and health and security of Washington's 2.5 million workers. Learn more about L&I, the employer of choice here.
We are looking for a well-organized, customer service oriented, office professional to provide administrative assistance to our electrical inspector program team.
Our inspectors are instrumental in keeping Washington State consumers and workers safe by inspecting and enforcing compliance with our electrical licensing laws, state rules and the National Electrical Code. In this role you will play an integral part of the process to ensure that electrical installers and electrical installations are in compliance with Washington State laws and construction-industry standards.
As the key point of contact for the Electrical Inspector's Program serving as the Kennewick Electrical Program Specialist 2, you will be the liaison between the Electrical Supervisor and internal and external customers; improving customer experience, ensure equitable distribution of daily electrical inspection workload to Electrical Inspectors and program consistency while allowing inspectors and supervisor to focus on inspections and compliance tasks.
- Work collaboratively with electrical supervisor, leads and inspectors coordinating regional electrical activities of the inspectors such as equitable distribution of electrical inspection workload.
- Track incomplete compliance investigations and provide information so the Inspectors/Leads can ensure time is allotted to complete all tasks necessary to meet Scorecard goals for the program.
- Respond to and resolve regional and inter-office issues, non-personnel related.
- Respond to and resolve customer phone calls within the scope of knowledge and escalate more difficult calls to the supervisor, lead or inspector.
- Enter, track and maintain data to process highly sensitive (political or high risk) inspection requests (i.e. concerts, races, fairs, amusement parks etc).
- Coordinate and resolve problems throughout the workday with inspector requests activities between field inspectors, outside entities and customers.
- Partner with regional customer service program (electrical support) to improve and promote standard work processes for the program.
- Provide assistance with online services, agency program websites, fee structure, inspection access, corrections and the appeal process.
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports.
- Review and process permit refund requests.
- Assist supervisor with hiring activities.
- Four (4) years of experience delivering customer service in person, over the phone, and progressively increasing responsibilities in a professional work environment
- Experience and understanding of the electrical industry, electrical contractor licensing, and worker certification.
- Knowledge and experience implementing de-escalation strategies for irate customers
- Current computer skills, to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and the ability to learn program specific databases
- Experience using computer hardware and software
- Ability to understand and explain statutes, rules and policies in plain language to the public.
- Skilled at responding professionally to high volume of calls.
- Great communicator with exceptional oral, written, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the electrical industry or electrical contractor licensing and worker certification is desirable.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical ability, able to exercise independent judgment and ability to produce positive outcomes.
- Experience in use of Microsoft products i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other computer systems.
- Type 40 WPM with accuracy.
- Ability to review and analyze information and perform basic math calculations for use in preparation of correspondence, reports and other assigned tasks.
- Ability to speak with upset, hostile, demanding and difficult customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Accomplished at multitasking and managing competing priorities consistently throughout the day
- Proven ability to manage confidential business matters, internal communications and files.
- A self-starter able to work independently, determining actions needed with minimal or no guidance.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, organized, with excellent follow-up skills.
- Exceptional coordination skills, ability to share information, arrange for services or other assistance, and implement solutions to problems and complaints.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated observation skills, and an acute attention to detail. Ability to review and analyze information for use in preparation of correspondence, reports and other assigned tasks.
- Able to easily take direction and give/receive constructive feedback.
- Valid Driver License with the ability to travel with occasional overnight stays.
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described in the announcement.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
3. A list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Prior to any new hire into L&I, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
- This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
- Employees driving on state business shall have a valid driver's license. If driving a privately owned vehicle on state business, must be insured.
- Candidates who are offered a job with L&I must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers. For further information, please contact us at Jobs@Lni.wa.gov.
Location: Kennewick, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2857341/li-program-specialist-2-kennewick?page=7&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $3,294 - $4,286 MO