Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Work on a fast-paced R&D and production focused group that supports fabrication and assembly of production tooling and automation equipment for the rapidly growing Starlink user terminal production line. Technicians work closely with the engineering team to support fabrication, assembly, and installation of development and production equipment.
- Fabricate piece parts to print using machine shop equipment: mill, lathe, etc.
- Assemble user terminal production equipment to print, including on-assembly fabrication operations: precision match drilling, welding, riveting, etc.
- Assemble complex integrated assemblies that may include mechanical assembly, high and low voltage wiring, pneumatics, or hydraulics
- Maintain and run the user terminal tooling development lab including shop workflow, tidiness, and inventory
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical fabrication (component assembly, welding, drilling, etc.) or 2+ years of experience in mechanical fabrication (component assembly, welding, drilling, etc.) plus 1+ years in electromechanical systems (harness wiring, stepper motors, solenoids, etc.) or engineering degree/trade school qualification with 1+ years of mechanical fabrication experience (component assembly, welding, drilling, etc.)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Able to read mechanical and engineering drawings and interpret tolerances (including GD&T)
- Able to read and interpret fluid or electrical schematics
- Skilled with mechanical hand tools
- Experience with sheet metal forming
- Knowledge/experience with AN, MS, MP, and Swagelok fluid connections
- Knowledge/experience working with electrical components and systems
- Positive attitude and able to work well on a team
- Willingness to provide constructive feedback to the engineering and production teams to improve user terminal tooling designs, processes and parts
- Able to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to stay organized with strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills; comfortable with using email and the Microsoft Office suite
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 30 lbs. unassisted
- Available to work overtime and some weekends as needed
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location: Hawthorne, CA
Application Method: Online: https://boards.greenhouse.io/spacex/jobs/4815446002?gh_jid=4815446002
Base Pay: DOQ