Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Mechanical / electrical assembly of PCB assemblies into product chassis
- Building of small electrical sub-assemblies
- Building up battery cell modules
- Wire harnessing
- Soldering and desoldering of through hole and SMT component
- Support conformal coat, masking, epoxy application and coating
- Running functional testing on units
- Must have high school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1 year of experience using mechanical hand tools and/or automated machinery in a medium-to-high volume production environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Conformal coat support experience utilizing NVOC, Urethane, Acrylic and Silicone based CC
- Experience maintaining and programming of PVA Conformal Coat system
- Current or past certification for NASA-STD-8739.3, IPC-610 or equivalent
- AA Degree
- Must be open to work all shifts, overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location: Hawthorne, CA
Application Method: Online: https://boards.greenhouse.io/spacex/jobs/4743939002?gh_jid=4743939002
Base Pay: DOQ