Reliability Test Technician
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RELIABILITY TEST TECHNICIAN (STARLINK)
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable. We are looking for talented electronics technicians to assemble and test millions of devices we call user terminals that will sit in our customers’ homes.
- Support Starlink User Terminal development and long-term reliability tests
- Setup and run environmental tests across many test regimes - including functional, thermal, HALT, salt-fog, rain and many more
- Responsible for preventative maintenance activities on test equipment and data acquisition systems
- Responsible for material flow from production line through reliability test lab
- Assist build reliability engineering in level 1 root-cause analysis on board-level failures
- Drive lab 5S and support process improvements that make lab operation more organized and efficient
- Aid in efforts to uncover root-cause of equipment failures and develop permanent resolution on issues found during test operations
- Assist in the installation and implementation of test equipment and instrumentation
- Identify test equipment requirements for planned tests, maintain inventory, and develop test procedures and processes accordingly
- 1+ years of experience with operation of test chambers and equipment
- High school degree or equivalency certificate
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in an environmental test environment
- Understanding of technical documentation, engineering drawings, and schematics
- Experience working with PCBAs/electronics
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location: Hawthorne, CA
Application Method: Online: https://boards.greenhouse.io/spacex/jobs/4803010002?gh_jid=4803010002
Base Pay: DOQ