Vandenberg, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on motor vehicles, HVAC equipment, air compressors, and other electro-mechanical equipment.
- Perform basic building maintenance and repairs on tiles, carpets, drywall, framing, ceilings, doors, and siding.
- Read and interpret schematics and blueprints working with other on-site personnel.
- Install and maintain plumbing and wastewater/sewer systems.
- Perform maintenance tasks as required in a variety of roles for vehicle integration, launch pad maintenance, site preventative maintenance, general facilities, and any other general maintenance work as required to maintain an operational launch site (includes corrosion control).
- Work with maintenance coordinators and engineers to prioritize, plan, and schedule maintenance and repairs for HVAC support equipment on facilities critical systems including air handlers, chilled water condenser pumps, cooling towers, valves, filters, etc.
- Manage project upgrades including managing contractors and schedules.
- Build reports and present information on equipment maintenance statuses for all critical facilities as required for internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with engineering and managers to maintain systems in peak operating condition.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years of experience using power tools in a professional capacity.
- At least 2 years of previous facilities or related maintenance experience.
- Must be able to operate a forklift, scissor lift, and boom lift.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- HVAC certification/license or willingness to obtain it.
- Associates degree or vocational equivalent in HVAC and/or air conditioning systems.
- Ability to use basic functions of Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports.
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrates a high sense of urgency.
- Knowledge in the following areas: tubing, pipe-fittings, rotating machinery (pumps, air compressors, etc.), and a variety of mechanical fasteners.
- Knowledge of high pressure gas, flammable gas, refrigeration gases.
- Experience in maintenance of high efficiency particulate air filters (HEPA) and standard air handling unit (AHU) filtration systems.
- Experience with variable frequency drive (VFD).
- Basic understanding of the theory of operation for refrigeration, motors, and mechanics.
- Must be able to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped position and climbing hand over hand.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work at elevated heights.
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments heat, cold, rain.
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise.
- Work schedule varies depending on site operational needs, and flexibility is required.
- Ability to pass Vandenberg Air Force Base background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location: Vandenberg, CA
Application Method: Online: https://boards.greenhouse.io/spacex/jobs/4684224002?gh_jid=4684224002
Base Pay: DOQ