Employer: Sealed Air
LOCATION: Nashville, TN, US
REQ ID: 29400
Sealed Air partners with customers to solve their most critical packaging challenges with innovative solutions that leave our world, environment, and communities better than we found them. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands includes Cryovac® food packaging and Bubble Wrap® protective packaging which respectively enable a safer, more efficient food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.7 billion in sales in 2018 and has approximately 15,500 employees who serve customers in 123 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment. Maintain and repair trucks, forklifts and assorted hand tools.
- Fabricate parts, assemble machinery according to layout plans, blueprints, manuals or drawings and perform electrical work as required by tasks.
- Interface with internal and external customers in the trouble-shooting process and in the preventive maintenance of production equipment.
- General building services and maintenance as required by Supervisor.
- Practice personal safety and follow all safety practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Safety personnel.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Comply with all policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participate in continuing education training courses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE - This position requires a basic knowledge gained through experience, training or education. Knowledge of standard electromechanical and maintenance concepts, practices and procedures is required. A high school diploma and a minimum of four years’ experience is required. Training and/or experience in construction is preferred. Additional workplace training is required.
NECESSARY SKILLS - Job requires working with outside vendors as well as internal team members. Job requires using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Job requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of AFP. Employee must be able to work in a team environment. Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a cooperative attitude. Job requires attention to detail and being thorough in completing work tasks. Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable.
Requisition id: 29400
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. Sealed Air participates in the E-Verify Program (US sites only).
Location: Nashville, TN
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.sealedair.com/job/Nashville-Maintenance-Technician-TN-37201/630186600/
Base Pay: DOQ