NSLA E&I Technician
Division: Nucor Steel Louisiana LLC
Location: Convent, LA, United States
Other Available Locations: N/A
Basic Job Functions:
Nucor Steel Louisiana LLC is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Technician. The E&I Technician reports directly to the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor while working within multiple groups and disciplines to continually improve plant safety and reliability in the production of Direct Reduced Iron (DRI). E&I Technicians develop and implement effective troubleshooting and repair practices, and preventive and corrective maintenance programs for plant electrical and control equipment. The successful candidates will gain experience on, and be responsible for, a broad range of state-of-the-art electrical equipment relating to Process Control including DCS/PLC, plant instrumentation, various control networks; Power Distribution from 120V load centers to 230kV utility; and Motor Controls including motor starters (up to 4160V) and VFDs (including specialized high-power drives). Responsibilities also include continual communication, both verbally and in writing, between multiple groups and disciplines regarding plant and equipment issues. This is a rotating shift position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US (Nucor will not sponsor the need for a visa now or in the future).
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Troubleshoots and maintains all plant electrical equipment using various tools, diagnostic, and troubleshooting devices; as well as mechanical and electrical prints.
- Completes project and part research along with automation and control programming using PLC and DCS systems.
- Uses the computer and various software to enter data, prepare documents, and revise AutoCad drawings.
- Completes project work such as engineering, building, installing, and updating new and existing equipment. This often involves the operation of forklifts, man lifts and cranes.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process equipment including equipment related to power distribution, instrumentation, and automation systems.
- Uses power and pneumatic tools such as drills, air hammers, etc.
- Operates mobile equipment such as cranes, forklifts, vehicles.
- Responsible for the safety of the work area.
- Performs housekeeping duties in the work area to include shoveling and sweeping.
- Communicates with production, mechanics, and other electricians about the function of equipment.
- Operates a forklift or manlift to maintain or install equipment.
- Works with vendors to ensure adequate supply of materials and inputs.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Requires experience and/or education equal to at least 4 years of hands-on work in industrial electrical/instrumentation maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively between maintenance and production groups regarding plant and equipment issues
- Technical degree or technical certification in a related field
- PLC or DCS programming
Individuals interested in this position should search for "E&I Technician" jobs in Convent, Louisiana at https://careers.nucor.com. All candidates must submit a resume and will be asked to complete a brief online questionnaire during the application process. Deadline to apply is September 23, 2020.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace
Location: Convent, LA
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.nucor.com/Nucor_External/job/Convent-NSLA-E&I-Technician-LA-70723/674583400/
Base Pay: DOQ