Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Maintenance Mechanic Sunnyside
Job Location: Sunnyside - Sunnyside, WA
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly
Reports to: Maintenance Lead
1. High School diploma, GED or equivalent, preferred but not required.
2. Possess skills in electrical, welding, mechanical and refrigeration.
3. Must be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
4. Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
5. Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
6. Written skills are necessary to properly fill out paperwork.
7. Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
8. Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
9. Minimum of six months related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
10. Familiarity with plant equipment operation and SOPs.
11. Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
12. Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
13. Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
14. Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently.
15. Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
16. Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
17. Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
18. Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
19. Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
20. Preferably able to speak Spanish.
Under the direction of Maintenance Lead, the position is to perform repair, maintenance, and the installation of Pelleting system components.
1. Maintain and repair equipment in a Pelleting Operation Facility which includes but is not limited to the following equipment:
◾Pellet Mill, CPM
◾VFFS Bag Sealer Vertical Form, Fill, Seal
◾Blowers, Cyclones, Baghouses
2. Knowledge or Robotics & Case Packing a positive.
3. Understanding of CMMS eMaintenance program utilized in Pelleting Facility i.e. completing PM’s, Work Orders, Managing Parts Inventory, etc.
4. Install, troubleshoot and repair production and facility equipment throughout all areas of the plant.
5. Perform routine maintenance on compressed air & nitrogen plumbing systems.
6. Effectiveness in prioritizing assigned duties.
7. Ability to interpret sketches, blueprints, shop drawings, and work orders to other personnel.
8. Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
9. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles a positive.
10. Work with Maintenance Lead & Production Supervisor to assess maintenance progress and discuss needed changes, minimizing the impact on production and reducing downtime.
11. Minimum Required Tool List (approximate cost is $300):
◾Screwdriver Set – assortment of slotted and Philips head
◾Combination Wrenches – standard (1/4”-13/16”) and metric (8-18mm)
◾Adjustable Wrenches – 4”, 6”, 10”
◾Slip Joint Pliers (3 sizes)
◾Needle Nose Pliers
◾3/8” Ratchet and Socket Set – standard (1/4” – 13/16”) and metric (8-18mm)
◾Hex Wrenches – standard (up to 3/8”) and metric (up to 10 mm)
◾Punch and Chisel
12. Ensure all safety guards are on the machines and in working order.
13. Confer with department supervision or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
14. Work in conjunction with Lean Manufacturing Principles in the Pellet Plant.
15. Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
16. Follow safety requirements.
17. May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
18. Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
19. Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
20. Must adhere to all company policies.
21. Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
22. Follow all SOPs in a given area.
23. Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=23669&clientkey=D51E9348512510B87E83CE86A406F2E8
Base Pay: DOQ