Employer: Granite Construction
IT Coordinator - Granite Construction (Selah)
compensation: Competitive wages and great benefits!
employment type: full-time
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
The IT Coordination for Granite will…
Provide world class information technology support services to local and remote employees with issues involving desktop, laptop, and mobile phone or network services. Will provide local network support for the business unit including the main office, plants, satellite offices, and job site locations to ensure workforce efficiency and productivity. Helps employees with timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate technical personnel. Provides case status updates to management and end-users. Supports and maintains effective relationships with end users, local business management, and Corporate IT Staff. Develops information technology projects and provides strategic management and objectives for the business unit. Follows standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to IT support.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Handle incoming IT Service Desk support calls to ensure computer users’ inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
2. Troubleshoot local network and communication issues to maintain operational readiness.
3. Assist in the development and maintenance of business unit IT documentation to enable consistent standards and operating procedures.
4. Assist in the testing of the local Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans to ensure minimum downtime in the event of a disaster.
5. Assist in coordinating the installation, configuration, and maintenance of IT equipment in compliance with corporate standards.
6. Assist in the maintenance of hardware inventory, licensing and asset rotation consistent with company policies and procedures.
7. Assist with the installation and maintenance of IT resources for acquisitions, large projects and joint ventures to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
8. Support business applications to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
9. Resolve PC hardware/software problems to minimize down time and meet SLA requirements.
10. Maintain open communication with Group IT Manager, supervisor and local business to ensure effective problem resolution and establishment of priorities.
• Associates degree or equivalent combination of training, experience and certifications.
• CompTIA A+.
• Microsoft Certified Professional preferred.
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience in network and PC support for a multi-site business environment.
• Familiarity with cost accounting, budgeting, and forecasting.
www.graniteconstruction.com under Careers, job#200001GH
or reply to this ad with resume & cover letter!
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Works on problems of moderate to advanced scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Normally receives minimal instruction on routine work, General instruction on new projects or assignments.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2016/2019 Server
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
• Working knowledge of SharePoint.
• Working knowledge of iPhone and iPad usage in a business environment.
• Working knowledge of HP workstation hardware.
• Ability to convey technical concepts and ideas to non-technical personnel.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
•Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
•do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Location: Selah, WA
Application Method: Apply online: www.graniteconstruction.com under Careers, job#200001GH
Base Pay: DOQ