Employer: Ste Michelle Wine Estates
Bottling/Packaging Technician performs work to repair, maintain and troubleshoot high speed bottling line machinery. Perform routine preventative maintenance and emergency repair work as assigned while following all Company safety programs.
• Repair, maintain and troubleshoot industrial food processing machinery including but not limited to pumps, conveyor systems, Bottle Fillers, stretch wrappers, case erectors, case packers, capsule applicators and labelers.
• Follow preventative maintenance schedules as set by Maintenance Planner.
• Initiate and participate in discussions for future projects that will enhance production efficiencies pertinent to all operations in all facilities.
• Perform miscellaneous maintenance functions as outlined by Supervisor.
• Assist in facility maintenance functions throughout the winery
• Follow safety procedures set forth by company Environmental Health & Safety Department.
• Track all work orders in PC based maintenance management system.
• Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others in a team environment.
• Ability to trouble shoot, maintain and repair 3phase motor control circuits and plc control systems
• Other related duties as assigned
• Work is performed indoors in an industrial plant setting in temperatures of 60-65 degrees and outside in varying weather conditions.
• Will wear personal protective equipment
• Walk, stand, bend/stoop, squat, kneel, climb, twist, push heavy objects, pull/jerk objects, work at heights, waist and below waist level, lift up to 50 lbs.
• High School Diploma required. Technical school coursework preferred.
• Minimum age requirement 21 years of age- Alcohol
• Minimum two years’ experience in a winery or food processing/packaging facility or similar environment involving the responsibilities as outlined above.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: Bottling or Packaging line Maintenance, juice process equipment repair, PLC control systems trouble shooting, Fabrication preferred
• Ability to read electrical schematics and troubleshoot problems using those schematics preferred
• Ability to work independently maintaining a positive working relationship in a team environment.
• Ability to work extended hours during harvest & peak periods to include rotating shift work.
• Able to trouble shoot and read ladder logic related to Allen Bradley Control systems to include rs500,rs5000 Ethernet IP and Device Net is a preferred
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Location: Paterson, WA
Application Method: email Manny.Medrano@smwe.com
Base Pay: $23.70-$25.10/hr