Employer: Comprehensive Healthcare
Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What are we looking for in a Medical Assistant?
Medical Assistants are part of our Nursing Services team and provide varied clinical and administrative support to ensure the delivery of high-quality treatment for our clients. The Medical Assistant will meet with clients prior to their appointments to check vitals, obtain health history and list of current medications, and accurately record this information in the client’s health record. Medical Assistants may also assist with client education, assist with insurance authorizations, and follow up on lab results. This position is best suited to an individual who is able to establish rapport quickly and is familiar with mental health & substance use disorders.
Medical Assistant duties may include:
meeting with clients to obtain health history and medications list accurately measuring and recording clients’ vital statistics updating client health records and completing medication reconciliations completing lab slips as needed assisting with client education as directed by medical providers or nurses maintaining urine drug screening for clients and communicating results to clinical staff
obtaining prior authorizations from payors accurately completing all clinical documentation in a client-centered manner
Current certification as Medical Assistant in Washington
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You
Training and Development:
- A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility and promotion
- Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, and consultation in implementing evidence-based services and programs
Innovative Program & Services:
- A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
- Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
- Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
- Competitive salaries within our communities and industry
- Healthcare coverage for employee and qualified family members
- Generous vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies
- Access to Employee Assistance Program services
- Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
- Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match of up to 4% of compensation
- Agency-funded life and disability insurance program
- Financial incentives to further employee education
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Comprehensive Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We value the diverse perspectives and strengths that our employees bring to the workplace and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for our positions. The Human Resources department offers accommodations and assistance for the application and interview process; please contact us at (509) 575-4084 to make arrangements.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=4640&clientkey=19D9D2EBCE0A34CBC7B47FD6059715AF
Base Pay: $15.34 - $19.18 HR