Employer: Inspire Development Center
Position is responsible for entering data and generating reports for the database program. Will work closely with program personal in the collection and centralization of specified data information to include but not be limited to confidential family and child information. The ability to prepare correspondence, maintain inventory and a variety of general clerical duties.
Inspire Development Centers provides Early Childhood Education (ECE) and social services to more than 4000 children, in center based and home based setting, at more than 27 Child Development Centers (CDC) throughout the State of Washington. Inspire provides services under various federal and state funded programs with differing regulations and stipulations, which must be coordinated and adhered to, including, but not limited to: Regional Head Start (RHS), Migrant Seasonal Head Start (MSHS), Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) and Early Head Start (EHS). The agency is required to meet an annual quota of non-federal share (in-kind) funds. A large majority of children’s first language is Spanish.
Supervisory and Other Relationships
Data Entry Clerk reports to the Center Manager, and works closely with Center Staff, Parents and with and around children.
Examples of Essential Duties and Accountabilities
The following examples of duties and accountabilities illustrate the general range of tasks assigned to the position but are not intended to define the limits of required duties. Other essential duties may be assigned consistent with the general scope of the position.
1. Collect, enter/input and dispose of client and center information in the Data Base.
2. Generate data information reports to appropriate personnel, as requested.
3. Maintain a functional filing system for project related activities, referrals, contracts, reports, family records, and in-kind documentation.
4. Assist in answering telephones and route incoming call to appropriate personnel or take messages as necessary.
5. Assist center personnel in all areas of clerical support as necessary.
6. Assist in performing general office tasks and assist in classrooms as needed i.e., USDA, timesheets, and take meeting minutes.
7. Shows interest in furthering professional growth by attending staff meetings, workshops, seminars, and additional training.
8. Maintains confidentiality of program and client related information at all times.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Incumbents are required to demonstrate knowledge and abilities in these areas:
• High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate;
• English/Spanish bi-lingual fluency;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills;
• Understanding of the interrelationships between services and systems;
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly and efficiently;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines;
• Ability to gather data for reports;
• Strong customer service focus;
• Ability to work with culturally diverse population;
• Proficiency with personal computer, including Microsoft Office; and
• Accurate data entry and recordkeeping skills.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through a combination of education, training, and experience which would include previous work experience (paid or volunteer) in an office setting. Training and experience will provide competence to perform the work of the position.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationship with fellow employees, program recipients, school district personnel, and the general public.
• Type 40-50 words per minute.
• Ability to perform administrative responsibilities.
Location: Mt Vernon, WA
Application Method: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/WAS1001IDEVC/JobBoard/8c5c4f0e-b44b-4827-a083-5885ed047c10/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=e6da9f34-1ce3-4de5-8bb6-a5599c8af70a
Base Pay: DOQ