Employer: Micron Technology
Diffusion Equipment Technician (ID: 220661)
Boise, United States
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As a Shift MDE Equipment Technician at Micron, you are responsible for monitoring, sustaining, and improving the equipment and/or processes, while working in partnership with production team members and area engineers. Shift Technicians monitor tool performance, schedule and perform preventative maintenance on assigned Diffusion and/or Implant tools, and use mechanical, electronic and PC/software skills to troubleshoot and repair equipment issues. They are also required to assist with equipment installs, engineering tests, create and modify equipment procedures, increase tool uptime through systematic problem solving and troubleshooting, quality workmanship, and thoroughly document all maintenance.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
• Knowledge of AC/DC circuits, including: fundamentals of electricity, and basic electronic components and circuits
• A strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to understand and troubleshoot mechanical systems.
• Vacuum system knowledge and an ability to troubleshoot vacuum systems are desired.
• The ability to use schematic diagrams to troubleshoot systems to components level.
• Basic PC skills including MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Proven ability to troubleshoot basic problems and address root causes
• Solid time management and prioritization skills
• Proven ability in multi-tasking complex projects and enjoy working in a fast pace environment
• Basic data extraction, analysis and reporting skills
• Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
• The ability to be flexible with job responsibilities and take the initiative to assume added responsibilities
• Successfully demonstrated teamwork skills with a strong focus on effective team dynamics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be flexible to work any shift and rotate shifts as needed
• AAS in Electronics, BS in Electronics Engineering Technology, or equivalent military experience. Prior Diffusion and/or Implant experience is preferred.
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Location: Boise, ID
Application Method: Online: https://micron.eightfold.ai/careers?pid=1540277&query=Instrumentation%20Technician&domain=micron.com
Base Pay: DOQ