Calibration Technician, Gigafactory Nevada, Tesla, Inc.
Job Category: Manufacturing
Location: Sparks, Nevada
BUILD THE FUTURE
Overview of Role:
Tesla is looking for an individual experienced with calibration programs and technical quality processes to contribute to the team managing the calibration program at Gigafactory 1. As a Calibration Technician, you will be responsible for performing the daily operation of and providing support to users of the calibration program for Tesla’s Gigafactory in Sparks, Nevada. In this role, you will work within the Quality Laboratories organization under the management of the Laboratory Systems Associate Manager.
· Execute on the calibration program for a 24x7 manufacturing environment and associated practices for all inspection, test, and measuring equipment
· Ensure work performed for the calibration program and associated processes meet all required Tesla and industry standards
· Maintain the database of all calibrated equipment for Gigafactory Nevada business units and lines
· Execute on the calibration program following established procedures including:
o Training equipment owners on use of the calibration program
o Identification of equipment requiring calibration
o Adding new equipment to the calibration database and labeling it with calibration associated information
o Provide operational assistance on calibrating equipment
o Communicating calibration due dates to equipment owners
o Scheduling on-site and off-site calibrations by external calibration vendors
o Communicate current status of in-process calibrations supported by calibration team to equipment owners
o Review calibration test results and certificates for accuracy
· Create service contracts for calibrated laboratory equipment and schedule calibration, maintenance, and repairs performed by outside vendors
· Support execution of calibration by external calibration vendors including:
o Maintain documentation for continued certification and utilization of external calibration laboratories
o Maintain on site access documentation required for all on site calibration service suppliers
o Ensure proper control of equipment in possession of the calibration team when supporting external calibrations
o Submit calibration purchase orders and track receipt and payment of services
o Address issues that arise during calibration of equipment by external vendors
· Identify and Support the implementation of best practices to provide consistently high level of timely calibration services
· Work closely with Operations, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Production to implement the calibration program
· Contribute to a team creating and managing laboratory, calibration, and ESD associated systems at Tesla Gigafactory Nevada
· Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
· Calibration Standard Operating Procedures and Methodology
· Calibrated Equipment and Calibration Database Management
· 2+ years of experience in relevant calibration laboratories or quality operations positions
· Knowledge of ISO 17025 and working in IS0 17025 compliant businesses
· Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook skills
· Proven strong technical support for a quality manufacturing environment
· Strong analytic problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize in highly dynamic production environment
· Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
· Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances
· Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Learn More About Tesla:
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Location: Sparks, NV
Application Method: Online: Calibration Technician, Gigafactory
Base Pay: DOQ