Facilities Maintenance Technician – Instrumentation & Controls
Job Category: Facilities
Location: Fremont, California
Req. ID: 68693Job TypeFull-time
BUILD THE FUTURE
Work closely with system experts to maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and install building automation system instrumentation and controls in a state-of-the-art 24-hr manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate has technical knowledge in mechanical, chemical and gas systems with strong instrumentation and controls experience.
• Maintain, operate, diagnose, analyze and repair industrial facilities I&C devices and equipment on utility systems: air handlers, chilled water & heating systems, nitrogen & oxygen systems, air compressors/dryers, air scrubbers, dust collectors, chemical delivery & storage systems.
• Calibrating and repairing instruments and associated equipment.
• Working with electronic control systems including microprocessors, sensors, and final control elements used in automated processes
• Supporting controls group in troubleshooting, upgrading and new installation of systems.
• Consulting manuals, reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, blueprints, and schematics.
• Building Management System (BMS) experience and familiarity with controls systems.
• Monitor and escort sub-contractors in performance of work.
• 3-5 years of experience as Instrumentation & Controls technician in industrial/commercial or lab/R&D environments.
• Technical Degree or Trade School in Electrical or Instrumentation preferred.
• Understands the principles of measuring levels, pressures, temperatures, flow, and analytical processes using instrumentation.
• Strong knowledge in troubleshooting of motor controls, drives, and electronic components, as well as PLC & VFD programming.
• Working knowledge of low voltage electrical systems from 24VDC to 480VAC.
• Working knowledge of networking and telecommunication wiring.
• Working knowledge in using hand tools, multi-meters, and testing equipment.
• Ability to perform skilled termination of controls devices.
• Ability to travel domestic and international.
• Basic proficiency in MS Office Suite specifically Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Self-directed with the ability to be resourceful, plan and organize work.
• Provide good communication skills written and verbally.
• Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for 10+ hours per day, wear air purifying respirator as needed for specific tasks.
• Ability to lift at least 10 -20 lbs on a regular basis, perform repetitive hand and wrist motions and sometimes may have to twist and bend body.
• Ability to climb ladders/stairs, Work in loud environment. Must be able to discern audible alarms
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Learn More About Tesla:
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Location: Fremont, CA
Application Method: Online: https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/facilities-maintenancetechnicianinstrumentationcontrols-68693
Base Pay: DOQ