Facilities Instrumentation & Controls Technician
Job Category: Facilities
Location: Gigafactory in Sparks, Nevada
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
BUILD THE FUTURE
· Maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, and installs electrical equipment and systems at the TESLA- Gigafactory facility utilizing technical, interpersonal and critical thinking skills. Working as a team with the entire Facilities Operations/Maintenance department, performing general maintenance duties, preventive maintenance, trouble calls, and emergency maintenance as needed and assigned.
· Calibrating and repairing instruments and associated equipment
· Working with electronic control systems including microprocessors, sensors, and final control elements used in automated processes
· Supporting controls group in troubleshooting upgrading and new installation of systems.
· Measuring levels, pressures, temperatures, flow, and analytical processes Testing instrumentation and control systems and maintaining test equipment
· Consulting manuals, reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, blueprints, and schematics
· Repairing and adjusting system components or removing and replacing defective parts
· Installing control and measurement instruments on existing or new plant equipment
· Work on projects throughout the entire facility, connecting devices and using lifts and ladders. Continues to perform equipment repairs and similar duties that require no oversight or direction. Uses complex electrical schematics and blueprints to troubleshoot and correct problems.
· Displays positive attitudes and practices good work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy, and goals of the company.
· Provides excellent customer service.
· Complete tasks in a timely manner and provide feedback.
· Complete other tasks as required.
· High School diploma or GED along with a preferred Technical Degree in Electrical/Electronics or Instrumentation.
· Knowledge in using hand tools, electrical meter, and testing equipment.
· Ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams, loop drawings, and P&ID drawings
· Strong knowledge in troubleshooting of motor controls, drives, and electronic components
· Ability to interpret electrical prints and schematics
· Ability to work in high elevation up to 80 ft.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with all levels of management; must have high degree of initiative, and the ability to work alone and effectively with other people
· Good understanding of VFD’s and PLC’s
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Learn More About Tesla:
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Location: Sparks, NV
Application Method: Online: https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/facilities-instrumentationcontrolstechniciangigafactorynevada-55015
Base Pay: DOQ