Job Category: Engineering & Information Technology
Location: Fremont, CaliforniaReq.
Req ID: 65655
BUILD THE FUTURE
This position will work as a member of Tesla’s Vehicle Engineering Test Group to support full vehicle and sub-system tests performed in-house and at external test labs. This role is responsible for performing and overseeing all instrumentation and data acquisition. Additionally, this technician will support vehicle preparation and tear-down and test execution, as dictated by test priorities. The successful candidate for this position will have a broad background in automotive testing.
· Identify, source, and procure required data acquisition and sensors
· Maintain sensor library, sensor repair, coordinate calibration activities of all instrumentation
· Oversee and/or perform installation of sensors and data acquisition equipment
· Installation of data acquisition equipment to include sensors (i.e. accelerometers, gyros, thermocouples, strain gauges, load cells, pressure transducers, torque sensors, displacement sensors, BUS monitors, GPS, etc.)
· Create daily work plans to achieve test plan goals on schedule
· Design and create custom brackets and fixtures
· Support testing activities and/or vehicle preparation and tear-down as required by work flow priority
· Select appropriate sensing devices for use with data collection systems
· Perform onsite support and testing while monitoring and validating data.
· Data analysis and correlation
· Experience with data acquisition systems and instrumenting vehicles with accelerometers, pressure sensors, thermocouples, strain gauges, etc.; experience with DTS, SOMAT, NI, and DEWESOFT data acquisition tools preferred
· Formal electronics training (AC/DC circuits, formulas, and components) or equivalent work experience
· Strain gauge selection, installation, and wiring for torque, load, bending, etc.
· Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, and shop equipment, for the servicing of automobiles
· Ability to operate and use diagnostic scan tools, scopes, meters, and other test equipment
· Experience with MS office tools (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Project), and Adobe products
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions
· Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public
· Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
· Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
· Maintain top level professional integrity and appearance as a test technician
· A minimum of 5 years of instrumentation and data acquisition experience
· Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
· Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally (Up to 10%)
Location: Fremont, CA
Application Method: Online: https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/instrumentation-technician-65655
Base Pay: DOQ