Employer: Stanley Black & Decker
Fort Mill, South Carolina
MF2385: Automation Tech
Define, Plan, Implement and Support the robotic and logistical automation equipment put in place in Stanley Black & Decker’s manufacturing facilities, including Process, Financial and Technical analysis.
·Program, integrate and troubleshoot Collaborative robots from well-known Original Equipment Manufacturers like Universal Robots and Fanuc.
·Program, integrate and troubleshoot robots (AGV / AMR / VGV) from well-known Original Equipment Manufacturers.
·Conducts training for Production and Maintenance personnel.
·Support Engineers in vetting new technology on a technical level to understand if it is ready to deploy into the facilities.
·Optimize complex robotics and automation equipment and processes for safety, ergonomics, quality, flow, reliability, and maintainability
• Work closely with area supervisor on project timelines.
• Oversee the operation of automation installation and start-up.
• Troubleshoot and problems solve machine issues as they arise.
• Operate machines as needed.
• Verify that work instructions and other paperwork are properly in place.
• Understands and follows the CMO site’s EHS policy and the EHS impacts associated with their work activities.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
• Knowledge of mechanical and controls components
• Ability to multi-task
• Must focus on safety followed by quality
• Must be goal oriented and be capable of working in a team environment
• Must be able to communicate with people of all levels of the organization
• Must have strong leadership abilities, and demonstrate accountability and ownership
• Possess strong critical thinking and organizational skills
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to drive project activities.
• Must be self-driven, and flexible and willing to work the necessary overtime required to meet goals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED Required. Associates Degree or Specialized training preferred.
• 3-4 years experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment deploying stationary or mobile robotics projects
• Experience in fabrication, machining and welding.
• Experience with shop floor layouts, LEAN methodologies and material replenishment.
• Proficient computer skills required: Microsoft Word, CAD software (AutoCAD / Creo / CATIA)
Ability to read a limited number of words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; Ability to write and speak simple sentences as a means for basic communication. Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED:
Competency in Word Processing/Typing / PLC / Robotics programming.
- The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; and occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Requisition Number: 71246BR
Business: US - GTS - Power Tools Group (PTG)
No. of Positions: 1
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Featured Category on SBD Careers: Manufacturing
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Application Method: Online: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=165&siteid=20&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=857044&codes=IND#jobDetails=856436_20
Base Pay: DOQ