Service Technician Intern (8 – 16 hours per week) – Agriculture, Farming Equipment
Agri-Service is an Ag Equipment dealership with a location in Pasco, WA. We’re seeking students – currently enrolled in Ag Technology, Heavy Equipment or Diesel Technology programs at accredited trade/vocational schools (post-High School) – who are interested in enhancing their education with an Internship. We currently have one Internship opportunity available.
Agri-Service and its employees are dedicated to the success of agriculture in America. We are your friends, your family, your community and your support system. We continually strive to provide an unparalleled customer experience, investing in our people and our business to successfully serve the caretakers of the land--one farmer, one neighbor, one community at a time.
Location: Pasco, WA
Reports to: Service Manager
Apply via: www.agri-service.com/careers
Service Technician Intern provides outstanding customer service through their interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors. Their primary responsibility is to learn how to troubleshoot, service and repair Ag equipment under the supervision of an experienced technician or mentor.
• Follow all customer care standards and provide customers with solutions.
• Repair equipment in shop, field or customer location under the supervision of an experienced technician.
• Utilize a computer/laptop to maintain service reports and other necessary paperwork.
• Communicate with customers and supervisors regarding the status of their equipment.
• Assists with maintaining shop, Ag equipment and service vehicles including cleaning.
• Demonstrate an interest in expanding current skillset.
• Advocate and exemplify safety and safe working habits using proper safety equipment not limited to hand, face and eye protection.
• Promote the Safety Culture of Agri-Service.
• Accomplish training and participate with the company’s strategic programs and projects.
• Follow and promote company’s vision, mission, and values.
• Complete the work above in accordance with company policies, guidelines, and procedures.
•Other job-related and non-specific job-related functions as needed.
What Your Toolbox Includes:
• Proven skills in written and verbal communications.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others through teamwork.
• Ability to competently learn how to use all mechanical and electronic diagnostic tools to complete entry level repairs.
• Ability to find, understand and apply technical information from computers, manuals or other guides.
• Ability to use computer systems for time entry, preparation of service reports and other necessary paperwork.
• Consistent attendance is essential.
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Current enrollment in an Ag Technology, Heavy Equipment or other relevant program at an accredited trade/vocational school
• Must be able to communicate in English (speak, read, comprehend)
• Competent in using computer and programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook, and other similar computer programs
• Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record required
• Must be able to accomplish any of the following for long periods of time: sit, walk, stand, climb stairs; reach, lean.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
• Note: exposure to extreme fumes, extreme temperatures, high noise level, and dirt.
What We Provide:
• Competitive hourly pay.
• Workplace learning to enhance your trade/vocational school education.
• Variety in what you learn to troubleshoot, service and repair – working on some of the largest equipment in the world.
• Outstanding company reputation.
• Great place to work -- Friendly, collaborative, team culture that encourages learning and growth.
• Satisfaction of helping hard working farmer customers through your hard work and dedication.
We are proud to be one of the largest AGCO dealerships in North America! We sell, service and provide parts for farm equipment including Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Hesston, Gleaner, Challenger, RoGator, TerraGator, Manitou, Stinger, and DARF Rakes.
We've been a successful business since 1990 and over the years have grown in geographic footprint, people, products and brands. We highly appreciate our valuable employees knowing they make us the great company that we are as we continue to build on our foundation of strong, dedicated, reliable service.
We are dedicated to the success of agriculture in America. We are friends, family, community and support system to the caretakers of the land--one farmer, one neighbor, one community at a time.
Keywords: Service Tech Intern, Internship
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
Reasonable accommodation requests for persons with disability may be submitted by email or U.S. Mail. If you require reasonable accommodation during any part of the hiring process, please submit requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Attn: VP, Human Resources
300 Agri-Service Way
Kimberly, ID 83341
Contact Person: Bonnie Rasmussen
Location: Pasco, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: Dependent upon education level & experience