Employer: Oregon Freeze Dry
Computer Support Technician II
Oregon Freeze Dry - Albany, OR 97321
There is a current opening for a Computer Support Technician II. This position installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs electronic data processing equipment; primarily personal computers and peripheral equipment, but does include any other equipment IS has the responsibility to maintain. Facilitates and coordinators the operation and maintenance of the telecommunication system.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for maintaining hardware in operational condition and performing to specs. Troubleshoots equipment failure to identify malfunctioning part(s), acquires and stocks replacement parts, and performs equipment repairs or recommends repair service from a third party.
• Responsible for training users in the use of IS-related equipment and IS user policies. Supports computer users by providing direction and answering questions relating to software issues.
• Installs, upgrades and tests software, hardware, and peripheral equipment as required.
•Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation of procedures related to this position.
•Ensures PC’s have the latest Microsoft security updates and Antivirus updates on a monthly basis.
• Helps ensure the security of the computer room equipment and integrity of company data files by enforcing restrictions concerning access to the computer room; recognizing, recording and reporting system malfunctions, then initiating corrective action to maintain the integrity of files. Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of information.
• Manages the Backup jobs and restoring files for users.
• Facilitates and coordinates the operation and maintenance of the telecommunications systems.
• Maintains detailed inventory records of all company hardware, software, and related reference materials.
• Maintains the inventory of supplies necessary for Information Services operations, and prepares requisitions for supplies as required.
• Associates Degree in computer science or related field required.
• Requires two years’ experience troubleshooting and repairing personal computer hardware, peripheral equipment, and basic networking issues.
• Requires a minimum of two years’ experience working with spreadsheets, word processing and database applications, and Windows operating systems.
• Knowledge of e-mail client software is required.
• Proven experience with excellent communication skills to effectively deal with computer users and vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Must hold current, valid driver’s license and provide proof of current automobile insurance.
• Must have reliable transportation to transport self between company facilities during work hours, as needed, and transportation to and from off-site company events.
Individuals expressing interest in this opening may be provided a job description outline detailing the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. Candidates may be required to participate in personal interviews and other evaluation processes. Criminal background checks may be completed on all applicants.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Location: Albany, OR
Application Method: Online: https://ofd.applytojob.com/apply/86V4r3CtSZ/Computer-Support-Technician-II?source=INDE
Base Pay: DOQ