Employer: State of Idaho
IT Operations and Support Analyst I
Salary: $46,155.20 - $51,916.80 Annually
Location: Pocatello, ID
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Idaho Transportation Department
Job Number: 05895 (5074-D5-Pocatello)
IDAHO TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
Our Mission: Your Safety, Your Mobility, Your Economic Opportunity
Come work in one of the most exciting, cutting edge and dynamic state agencies in Idaho. If you are a career minded and driven to succeed, the IT Operations and Support Analyst I position may be the career for you!
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is seeking an exceptional individual to provide Tier 2 & 3 level technical support as well as serve as the primary point of contact for Information Technology and ETS within District 5. This position will mentor, supervise, and direct day-to-day IT personnel and functions. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and technical skills.
This position requires an ISP background check.
Example of Duties:
• Install and troubleshoot hardware and software such as; imaging and replacement of computer hardware on a replacement cycle, installing new and upgraded software for users, installing new security hardware (IP cameras, badge readers, door locks).
• Troubleshoot issues with technology in light and heavy-duty trucks, resolve problems with the camera system and solve issues with badge readers, door locks and other computerized security equipment.
• Administer Voice-over-IP, cellular and mobile devises, and Video Conferencing.
• Assist with technical issue such as; replace sever hardware, resolve minor issues with servers, and escalate critical issues.
• Manage server share permissions and user permissions to allow users access to server resources.
• Recover files from server backups to replace corrupted, missing, deleted or broken files.
• Add, manage or remove network printer resources.
• Provide training to District IT and other ETS employees on the use of new and existing tools and new and existing hardware and software.
•Manage the updating and replacement of network equipment in various locations as well as assisting the network team as requested.
• Build and run new cables, maintain and repair existing cables, and test existing lines for functionality.
• Document District hardware/software processes and procedures.
• Gather, document and improve processes and procedures to understand and improve support to in internal and external customers.
Good knowledge of computer trends, software, capabilities, and terminology; computer hardware and software installation, and troubleshooting.
• Installing, upgrading, and maintaining one or more computer networks including computers, server hardware and software;
• Working with network protocols such as IP address schemas, DNS, DHCP, and directory services;
• Evaluating and resolving computer, system, and user problems including application operations, hardware malfunctions, and telecommunications problems;
• Independently evaluating and defining customer/system needs and recommending and implementing new IT solutions;
• Recommending the installation and use of applications and system software.
Location: Pocatello, ID
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/idaho/jobs/2850747/it-operations-and-support-analyst-i
Base Pay: $46,155.20 - $51,916.80 YR