Employer: Northern Quest Resort & Casino
• Installs personal computers, software, peripherals and other related equipment.
• Answers, evaluates, logs and prioritizes incoming telephone, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
• Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
• Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for user problems.
• Ensures Help Desk phone is always staffed.
• Maintains and accomplishes an established Preventative Maintenance (PM) schedule for computer assets.
• Responds to requests for support from the guests in the hotel. This normally requires a visit to the guest’s room to resolve WiFi questions or other issues involving room technologies.
• Configures standard PC loads and creates/maintains hard drive images.
• Trains users on software and hardware as required.
• Inventories and maintains an adequate supply of printer/copier supplies to include toner and ink cartridges.
• Supports networks, gaming servers, user accounts, wiring, phones and mobile devices as needed.
• Performs daily morning routine as needed.
• Ensures compliance with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians-State of Washington Gaming Compact, Internal Controls, NIGC Regulations and KTEA Policies and Procedures.
• Ensures the security of the networks, servers and data.
• Ensures control and protection of company assets.
• Acts in accordance with policies and procedures and exhibits the guiding values of the IT Department.
• Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Logs and tracks calls and issues using the ticket management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
• Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
• As an integral member of the IT team, works with team on projects and tasks.
• Suggests improvements to business processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
• Assists with creation of user training manuals and procedures.
• Stays informed of changes in network system software and hardware. Makes recommendations for future software and hardware purchases pertaining to the business unit applications.
• Complies with all applicable safety regulations as defined by OSHA and KTEA standards.
• Adhere to all applicable tribal, federal, or state privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited HIPPA and 42 CFR Part 2.
• Responds promptly to customer service needs, and respond positively to potentially emotional user requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular good attendance record.
• Works any hours or shifts as deemed necessary.
• Other duties as directed.
• May be required to be a panelist for the Internal Review Hearings.
Education, Experience & Other Requirements:
• Minimum A.A. degree from two-year College or technical school or equivalent experience.
• Uses Windows 7/XP, Excel, Word, Outlook and other computer software.
• Valid driver’s license (Must be in possession while operating a Tribal vehicle).
• MCDST/MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician certification required.
• Payment Card Industry Training
• Job offer contingent upon successful completion of background check and pre-employment screening
The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is an Equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Kalispel Tribe of Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Kalispel Tribe of Indians to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order:
1) Kalispel Tribal Members;
2) Spouse of an enrolled Kalispel Tribal Member;
3) enrolled members of other Indian Tribes;
4) all other applicants.
Employment with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians is at-will and can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, either at the option of the employee or the Kalispel Tribe of Indians.
The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is a drug free work place. All applicants are subject to drug testing at the time of hire and at unannounced times during employment. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.
Deliver Kalispel hospitality, find a path to YES, and provide a warm smile and greeting.
Location: Airway Heights, WA
Application Method: Online: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/NOR1008NQUST/JobBoard/6fde912a-2d0d-4e4f-914a-b0074c914c29/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=89759320-a16b-406c-ae07-621aaed75d45
Base Pay: DOQ