Employer: Thurston County, WA
IT Consultant I
Salary: $5,165.00 - $6,870.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County, WA
Job Type: Regular Full-Time Employee
Job Number: 38R00652
Summary of Duties:
Thurston County is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Information Technology Consultant I (ITC I) within the Information Technology (IT) Division of the Central Services Department.
The Central Services Department provides a wide range of professional internal services to over 1000 employees in County offices and departments in various locations throughout the County. Centralizing these services is an efficient and effective means of delivering service and providing access to internal expertise. The Information Technology Division provides desktop, network, application, telecommunication, and geographical information system services.
This ITC I position provides critical technical expertise and works with staff and customers in a team setting for the installation, maintenance, and enhancement of County-wide information services.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Configuring and installing personal computers and software in a network environment
• Providing first-line technical support to clients through help-desk or direct customer consultation
• Responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically
• Evaluating, purchasing, configuring, installing, and tracking hardware and software
• Analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving software and hardware issues
• Researching options for equipment upgrades and replacements
• Assisting customers by remote access or guiding the customer to correct an issue
• Troubleshooting and diagnosis of technology problems
• Developing and providing documentation for assigned systems
• Installing and upgrading a variety of desktop software packages
• Communicating with vendors for technology hardware and software purchases and support
• Recording support interactions within the IT Service Desk tracking software
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Employee regularly sits for long periods of time at a computer screen. Physical exertion is required for lifting up to 50 pounds. Installation of various computer parts may also require bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, and crawling.
• An Associate's degree in information technology, computer science, business administration, or related field and two (2) years of progressive responsibility.
• Current Washington State Driver's License or have requested and obtained an appropriate accommodation.
• Knowledge of computer hardware including personal computers, communication devices, printers, plotters, etc.
• Knowledge of software including network and desktop operating systems, office automation, programming languages, database products.
• Employment in this position is contingent upon passing a security background investigation.
To be successful in this position, candidates will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Windows 10 configuration, installation, troubleshooting and support in a complex network environment
• Experience installing printers, plotters and scanners
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels within the organization
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups including customers in high stress situations
• Ability to manage small, complex information service projects from inception through completion
• Ability to participate as a member of a team and utilize the resources of other team members
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and manage many projects simultaneously
• Punctual, regular and reliable attendance
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
• Windows 10 Operating System, Office 365, Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) desktop imaging, and software deployment experience
• Inventory Management experience
• Audio Visual/Video Conferencing configuration and support experience
• Technology purchasing experience
• Professional IT certification
Other Position Related Information
Thurston County Central Services Mission:
Partner with our customers to serve the public.
One team united as effective stewards of County resources to deliver continually improving competitive services that meet customer business needs.
Our Customer Commitment:
We strive to build trust and to ensure that our customers feel welcomed, heard, informed, confident, and successful.
How to Apply:
All applicants for this recruitment must complete the on-line applicant profile. To be considered for this position you will also need to provide a resume and letter of interest. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training, and education qualify you as a competitive candidate for this position.
Inquiries about this Position?
The contact person for this recruitment is Lisa Corman, IT Supervisor, (360) 867-2094.
Please note that employment in this position is contingent upon passing a security background investigation.
This position is:
- Represented by a Union
- Eligible for benefits
- Eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Location: Thurston County, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/thurstonwa/jobs/2852324/it-consultant-i
Base Pay: $5,165 - $6,870 MO