Employer: Lincoln County Information Services
The Computer Technician I provides PC technical support to County-wide computer users regarding hardware and software issues via phone and on-site service calls.
• Computer, printer, and network operation support, installation, and maintenance.
• Communicate, answer calls at an onsite help desk.
• Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers.
• Setup, Maintain, and repair technological equipment or peripheral devices.
• Install LAN components.
• Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks
• Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality
• Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference
• Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly
• Must communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory, and professional manner, and be able to provide clarification, as necessary.
• Assist users with inquiries in a timely manner by notifying the user of the status of the problem.
• Analyze types of problems and inquiries of users to record, assign severity levels, assign problem resolution, and follow through to a solution.
• Prepare reports related to problems and troubleshooting activity for management review and action.
• Assign, log, and input problems in order to analyze problems and track problems to final solution.
• An Associate’s degree or completion of a vocational training program in a computer science-related program.
• Two years of experience analyzing, installing, and maintaining computer software applications, hardware, network infrastructure equipment, providing customer or technical support in information technology; or equivalent education.
• Experience may be substituted for education.
• Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment references, criminal history checks, and security awareness training.
• Industry certifications are a plus.
• Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $3,366.00 - $4,301.00 per month
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
• computer Science related work or training: 2 years (Preferred)
• Associate (Preferred)
• Drivers (Required)
• en-US (Required)
• United States (Required)
• Mid-Day (Required)
• Monday (Preferred)
• Tuesday (Preferred)
• Wednesday (Preferred)
• Thursday (Preferred)
• Friday (Preferred)
• Waiting period may apply
• Only full-time employees eligible
Location: Davenport, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Information%20Technology&start=20&vjk=7b724af0fda330c0
Base Pay: $3,366 - $4,301 MO