Project Controls I/IT Specialist
Richland, WA 99352
40 hours per week. May be required to work additional hours as needed to complete an assignment or project.
Provides administrative support in a variety of routine processes and office support functions. A certain degree of creativity and latitude required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform administration and systems management in Cloud environments (i.e. Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc.).
• Develop, build, configure, customize, and maintain Office 365, Exchange, Skype, and SharePoint solutions to meet quality & performance requirements.
• Support delivery, escalate and resolve user issues including subscription management services, correlation of usage and charges, and cost-efficiency.
• Create the required design and support documentation for projects, systems builds, processes, and changes.
• Utilize verbal and written communication skills to maintain and update system documentation, site procedures, and provide training as required.
• Detailed System and Solution using design MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Change requests, Usage guides for scripts, Technical and Management presentations.
• Provide technical support to Richland Operations (RL) and Office of River Protection (ORP) Federal staff and General Service Support Contract (GSSC) employees.
• Provide support to Other Government Agencies (OGA) (Government Accountability Office, Inspector General, Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board, Environmental Protection Agency, Ecology, etc.).
• Provide research and recommendations for hardware/software to meet the government’s purchasing needs and property retirement.
• Maintain the RL and ORP IT checkout pools within 24 hours of assignment changes, including an inventory of spare computers, printers, mobility devices, and peripherals.
• Coordinate onsite visitors Hanford Local Area Network (HLAN) access and computer needs.
• Assist in keeping property inventory records up to date to ensure incoming, moving, or departing staff is provided with the necessary support.
• Assist with data gathering, input, and verification for Capital Planning Investment Control (CPIC), Technology Business Management (TBM), and other data calls.
• Assist CIO Office with the support of HLAN.
• Commitment to customer service, with the ability to build productive relationships and resolve complex issues.
• Coordinate closely with the IT prime contractor in support of the DOE’s mission.
• Respond to customer service requests within three days for maintaining and updating mobile devices and inventories.
• Identify and assist with the disposition/disposal of IT equipment monthly.
• Maintain account billing, including creating, updating, and closing, to support customer resource needs within five days.
• Provide and gather data for the monthly, quarterly, and annual Department of Energy data calls.
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in the relevant technical field of study.
• 3 years of IT experience, including 1 year of in-depth technical support at Tier II and Tier III support levels.
• Experience with Cloud Services to include Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (Resource Manager, VMs, Virtual Networks, Storage Accounts).
• Windows-based infrastructure experience and background.
• Strong PowerShell scripting background.
• AD User management and security aspects.
• General server management (Backup, Patching, Security).
• Excellent communication and knowledge transfer skills.
• Ability to independently perform multiple tasks with dynamic priorities.
• U.S. Citizenship.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/#equal_opportunity
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://katmaicorp.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1008/0
Base Pay: DOQ