Employer: Virginia Mason Memorial
The Medical Assistant provides direct patient care within the scope of their certification while assisting the provider as needed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, include:
1. Rooms patients, takes vital signs, identifies chief complaint and gathers patient’s medical history.
2. Recognizes and participates in clinical emergencies as needed.
3. Provides basic patient education and distributes educational materials as appropriate.
4. Performs immunizations as instructed by the provider.
5. Processes requests for patient medication refills as defined in refill protocol.
6. Explains discharge or follow-up instructions.
7. Cleans and prepares room for next patient, i.e. discards trash and puts away supplies.
8. Continuously employs infection control and blood-borne pathogen standards.
9. Assists provider as requested.
10. Maintains productivity and clinical flow efficiently.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
Experience: One year experience preferred.
Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Washington State (DOH) Medical Assistant – Certified licensure required. American Heart Association BLS required.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/yakimavalley/#/job/11344
Base Pay: DOQ