Employer: WA State Employment Security Department
SAW Help Desk Agent (UIS1 2020-06123) Virtual - WA State Residents Only
Salary: $35,148.00 - $45,504.00 Annually
Location: Multiple Locations Statewide, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Department: Employment Security Department
Job Number: 2020-06123
Closing: 9/11/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
An image without description
Here's your opportunity to be a key part of how we live our vision and BUILD the nation's best and most future ready workforce – starting right here at ESD!
Who We Are and What We Do:
Here at the Employment Security Department (ESD), we believe in the Power to Help when people need it most. We provide economic security to the people of Washington every day and in every corner of the state. We help people find jobs, provide our communities with inclusive workforce solutions and we are now providing paid family medical leave. If our mission motivates you, please apply to be a part of our team!
Why it's a great department/business unit: Our Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claims Centers provide timely and accurate unemployment benefits, information and referrals to appropriate resources. This ensures the accuracy, efficiency, fairness and accessibility of UI Benefits for our customers.
Bilingual and multi-lingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply! Staff with dual language responsibilities receive and additional 5% salary premium.
A great Non-permanent Opportunity to serve the citizens of Washington state: We are seeking to hire multiple full-time/non-permanent, Virtual SAW Help Desk Agents, (UI Specialist 1) positions for our Claim Center operations. You will be providing customer service support to claimants who are experiencing difficulties in accessing our on-line account services. Assisting in resolving any issues that are preventing our customers from setting up their accounts, address changes, pin resets and reopening claims. We are looking for individuals with strong customer service skills as you will be greeting customers, determining their needs and triaging calls to the proper phone queue. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we invite you to apply and join our team in making a difference in our communities!
Please Note: Review of applicants will begin immediately and throughout this posting, we encourage you to apply early.
We encourage you to learn more about our Unemployment Insurance division.
Core Daily Responsibilities:
• Providing telephone assistance and problem resolution to claimants attempting to access UI online information and resources.
• Providing resolutions to error messages received by customers while navigating the UI online portal.
• Preparing Remedy (trouble) tickets for the Technical Support Team in resolving higher level technical issues.
• Answering basic questions from claimants regarding procedures, laws and policies with respect to unemployment insurance.
• Applying basic UI laws and policies, rules, regulations, and procedures applicable to the unemployment insurance program.
• Performing updates to claimant accounts including PIN resets, address changes, etc.
• Communicating basic reporting requirements, benefits and eligibility rights to claimants, employers, and third parties.
• Two years of experience providing customer service such as assistance to clients and/or customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems.
• Final external candidates must be able to pass the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Fraud Check.
• This recruitment may be used to fill additional agency-wide positions in accordance with Article 4 of the WFSE Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
• If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
ESD's employee engagement continued to trend upward in 2019 as we developed programs to improve the employee experience. We are diligent and remain focused on creating a modern workplace designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We have wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules. We're working to update our facilities all over the state to enhance both the client and employee experience.
Opportunity for All:
The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Please include your name and preferred pronouns in your application, to ensure we address you appropriately throughout the application process.
An image without description An image without description
More than Just a Paycheck:
Washington State offers one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. Beyond the traditional benefits such as insurance, retirement, and related benefits, we offer Flex Spending Accounts, Dependent Care Assistance, Deferred Compensation and so much more. We take work life balance seriously and many of our offices offer flexible work hours with a wider variety of shift and schedule option to assist in this.
For specific questions about this position, contact Jeanette Nelson at email@example.com . You can also email us at HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov, or contact Washington Relay Service 711 if you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the application process, if you need this job announcement in an alternate format, or with general questions about this opportunity.
Location: Multiple Locations Statewide, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2852873/saw-help-desk-agent-uis1-2020-06123-virtual-wa-state-residents-only
Base Pay: $35,148 - $45,504 YR