Employer: PCE Pacific
Systems Integration Technician – Control Panel Designer
The Systems Integration Technician – Control Panel Designer is accountable for all aspects of electrical automation panel design. They are responsible for specifying cabinet electrical and mechanical components, developing a bill of materials, and creating electronic drawings. This role reports to the Director of Operations and is located in PCE Pacific’s Bothell, WA headquarters.
Key Job Elements:
- Focused automation control panel design, including power distribution, equipment specification, and instrumentation.
- Providing control system electrical design and documentation for system power, communication network, I/O systems, and loop sheets.
- Ability to read and interpret product data sheets and customer electrical schematics, as well as piping and instrument diagrams (P&ID), project scope documentation, and design specifications.
- Utilizing AutoCAD software tools for design and drafting automation.
- Creation of panel related bill of materials required for fabrication.
- Developing and maintaining panel shop design and drawing standards that adhere to customer design and drawing requirements.
- Managing applicable panel shop programs and certifications (QA/QC, NRTL, UL, etc.).
- Collaboration with customer and PCE Pacific team to provide solutions.
- Proactive responsiveness to customer needs and requests.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with management, engineering, and maintenance personnel.
- Curiosity, desire, and ability to learn new skills and products through training, apply that knowledge to work, and convey that knowledge to train others.
- Positive change management attitude.
- Comfort working independently and as part of customer project team.
- Engagement with, and support of, PCE Pacific’s consulting, engineering, manufacturing, and sales efforts.
- 2-year Associate of Science/Engineering degree and/or 3-5 years equivalent electrical controls work experience to provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the role.
- AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio) experience.
- Recent experience with DCS, Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS), and/or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC). - Experience with Emerson Automation Solutions systems products (DeltaV, ROC/Floboss, etc.) is highly desirable.
Experience with Information Technology principles and topics (network architectures and hardware components (switches, KVMs, firewalls, fiber optics, etc.) is highly desirable.
Knowledge of communication buses and protocols (Modbus, HART, etc.).
This company believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or the company to only the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
PCE Pacific, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Bothell, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.pcepacific.com/careers/jobs/systems-integration-technician-control-panel-designer/
Base Pay: DOQ