Employer: Bolthouse Farms
This position will report to the:Supervisor
FLSA Status:Hourly Non-Exempt.
Employment Category:Full -Time
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. To learn more about the company’s mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for duties that may involve pipe fitting, boiler making, and insulating, welding, machining, repairing electrical or mechanic equipment. The successful candidate will install, align, and balance new equipment in the departments.
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment plan for corrective action
- Make necessary corrections and run adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality
- Test equipment to check for proper operation of machinery
- Clear jams and set aside product for inspection and rework
- Try out equipment after repairs, changeovers, or extended downtime to ensure proper operation.
- Examine, test, and measure product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments, record data on appropriate forms
- Make preventive maintenance check and inspections of assigned equipment, report its findings to supervisor and take appropriate action
- Examine defects and analyze spoilage causes where possible to take corrective action
- Analyze and record cause of production delays on daily production report
- Notify the maintenance department or supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions, quality problems, or supplies needed and take corrective action
- Instruct and direct any maintenance trainees assigned
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment, listening for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction
- Discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machines
- Make repairs to machinery in cold storage
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Lies out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of experience in related industry
- Valid Drivers License
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Willingness to work rotating shifts on continuous, seven-day cycle
- Ability to pay attention to detail and be thorough when completing work tasks
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools
- Ability to read and understand equipment and technical manuals
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during the course of assigned responsibilities
- Environmental exposure to wet and humid conditions
- Material exposure- moving mechanical parts
- Occasional exposure to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- Must be able to lift/push-pull/carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
Group Life and AD&D
Voluntary Life and AD&D
Group Short-Term Disability
Group Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
1st Shift (7:00AM-4:30PM)
Location: Prosser, WA
Application Method: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=bdd456bf-a007-4552-b846-ab61632962f6&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Base Pay: DOQ