Employer: Yakima School District
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Two years accounting or bookkeeping experience is required. Accounting Degree from Accredited College or University may be substituted for the required experience.
- One year of University/College level accounting coursework is required.
- Experience in operating general office machines and computer software, including spreadsheets and word processing software applications is required.
- School district Associated Student Body (ASB) fund accounting experience preferred.
- Experience using the Fiscal Skyward/WESPaC Software preferred.
- Experience in internal auditing preferred.
- Experience in budget preparation and monitoring preferred. - Experience in establishing and monitoring internal controls preferred.
- Experience in public speaking and staff training preferred.
- Established record of dependability, flexibility, and regular attendance.
Primary Function: This position is responsible for processing the accounting transactions for the Financial Services Department in compliance with the state accounting manual, state and federal laws and guidelines. Provide training and support to the districts building ASB staff, office managers, central treasurers, certificated advisors and administrative staff. Evaluate fund raisers and perform routine internal audits. Review daily and weekly bank deposits. Maintain the districts ASB Procedure manuals and forms. Verify adherence to current laws and district policies. Provide appropriate training in all related fiscal procedures. Prepare the ASB monthly balancing for board reports, the annual budget and financial report. Responsible for maintaining and processing the banking transactions of the Advance Travel and Revolving Fund accounts.
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a variety of records, forms, documents and files.
- Compile, create, and process district, state and federal reports as required.
- Monitor budgets.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; work independently with minimal supervision.
- Establish and maintain a professional and positive working relationship with coworkers, district staff members and the general public.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, parents, students and public agencies.
- Assist other personnel as may be required to ensure an efficient and an effective work environment.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: https://yakimajobs.hrmplus.net/Portals/1/postings/Fund%20Acct.%20ASB.pdf
Base Pay: $22.20-$25.97/hour